Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I just tried playing about 20 random videos which I had on my n900 on the n9 and to my dissapointment only about half of that videos could be played. All the videos have reasonable resolution and were played on n900 without problems. I tried the default player and OVP, both can't play the same videos. I noticed it doesn't play most of the .wmv ones although it displays the length of the video but doesn't play any of the .mpg ones and doesn't even see their length (says 0:00).

On the n900 we had an option to install additional codec support, is something similar possible for the n9 or will it be in the future?

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I tried to fool around a bit and installed mplayer for harmattan and KMplayer as frontend and now all the videos are played, just like on the good 'ol n900. I'm impressed, no real need for additional codecs then . I hope this helps someone, cheers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Greece
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
I tried to fool around a bit and installed mplayer for harmattan and KMplayer as frontend and now all the videos are played, just like on the good 'ol n900. I'm impressed, no real need for additional codecs then . I hope this helps someone, cheers!
How did you do that? Where did you find mplayer and KMplayer?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
search the forums for mplayer and kmplayer. alternatively download them from my-meego.com