Posts: 11 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Cologne and New Delhi
Dear Friends,

Being a non-teche, I have requested for help concerning making dual batteries for me (about 2-3 months back), and got some nice advice from nice people of the fourm.

Since the problem was not solved, I didn't lost my enthusiasm to solve battery issues, so I finally endup with a nice solution.

For some people this may be a childs play or they might have tried this before, but I posted this with an attention to help some who may be like me without having experience to use soldering apparatus !

Protocol : (making available 2800 mAh battery compatible with N900)

1) I brought a 2800 mAH battary which is made for nokia 5800 and is commonly available in the market (10 euros as in Germany).

http://www.ebay.de/itm/EXTRA-POWER-A...item564f214ce6

2) One can make this battery compatible with nokia n900, just by using knife. I peeled off the over and the front lid (trust me it was really easy, I also have some experience with original nokia batteries, but peeling of the top over was really easy for this battery !)
file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141201_215328.jpg

3) The overall pins of the battery is flexible and can be protrude to the opposite side without breaking down and one can do this step without using any soldering etc etc

4) After manually molding the front pins, you may realise that it can now fit nicely to the corresponding pins of the n900.

file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141202_003625.jpg

5) Thats all, now i just put some soft sponges or hard cotton to the corners of the battery to make it stably localized to avoid disattachments (This is because the battery wont fit to the whole space )

6) Thats all :-) , here we have a good working high capacity battery. I have used bnf app and here is the pic which i have obtained with this battery
file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141202_003604.jpg

7) I hope this may help someone, who may be like me (non-expert) with soldering or electrical instruments.

I am really happy as this is the first time I have contributed soemthing to the community (apart from donations)!

Many thanks from a Neurobiologist to all lovely ppl of this community !

file:///home/gauravahuja77/Desktop/Meamo%20/Battery.JPG

.................................................. ..........................................
Dear Friends,

[Something which i feel]

I always feel glad to be a member of this community.

[Introduction or Background]

I was a proud owner of nokia N9 and nokia n900. After spending 2 years with n900 and 1 year with nokia n9, recently (4 months) i brought a new blackberry z30.

[Reason why i am not satisfied with BB10]

I have to admit that i am not at all satisfied with it (though its a very good phone). One and the only main reason for this unsatisfaction is that everyday i learn something new from this community while using n900 or n9 but with (I am a neurobiologist, and have a strong passion for learning IT). Somehow all this came to an end with BB10, so therefore i decided to go back to n900.

[Request]

I have brought a Mugen battery cover from ebay and also have a bunch of working BL-5J and 2800 mAH nokia 5800 BL-5J battery. I would like to request experts who got success with homemade battery, if they could make one such battery for me. I am presently in Cologne, Germany and can send BL-5J batteries via post within Germany (preferable) or Europe. please dont take me wrong but I can also pay max of 20 Euros + postal charges for this job.

Looking forward to hear positive reply :-)

Best,
OMEENA77

Last edited by gauravahuja77; 2014-12-01 at 23:53. Reason: Solved !!

The best practice to make a multicell battery (parallel or series) is to have two brand new identical batteries. Reason being they need to wear identically.

Ideally they also should be spot welded. Batteries, even bog standard NiMH (let alone li-ion) cells should never be soldered.

In regard to the dual battery. I understand your concern. I've done two. I find it quite stressful having a cell without any protection sitting there with me and a hot thing pointed at it. From memory, the case is positive and the smaller button is negative.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to independent For This Useful Post: