Hello. I saw an app for the 770 that claimed to "crack a wep network in under 60 seconds" -- Does it work? Do you use anything to get on to secure wireless hotspots?

dep

The Following User Says Thank You to dep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
From what I've read you need two devices to crack wep quickly. One is listening to the traffic and other is sending very specific data. So I think that such a program can't work by itself.

Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
From what I've read you need two devices to crack wep quickly. One is listening to the traffic and other is sending very specific data. So I think that such a program can't work by itself.
Hmm.. Thanks. Looks like i may have to just get a bluetooth-enabled phone and piggyback off the web connection when i can't hit a hotspot.

Originally Posted by dep View Post
Hello. I saw an app for the 770 that claimed to "crack a wep network in under 60 seconds" -- Does it work? Do you use anything to get on to secure wireless hotspots?

dep
Got a link to this magic app?

Originally Posted by gog View Post
Got a link to this magic app?

www.fellons-R-us.com

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by dep View Post
Hmm.. Thanks. Looks like i may have to just get a bluetooth-enabled phone and piggyback off the web connection when i can't hit a hotspot.
You could always just break into someone elses house and use an ethernet lead on their router?

Hi , any chance of a tutorial on how to piggy back using a bluetooth device?

Originally Posted by scott_thomas3006 View Post

Search for bluetooth DUN.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by scott_thomas3006 View Post
With most bluetoothed cell phones and cell providers it's quite easy, search around a bit in these forums and you'll find it. But with some phones & providers--like Samsung and AT&T--one must go thru some fairly complex and difficult operations to get it to work. There are also some posts about the Samsungs and Nokia ITs here and there but you have to piece together the required stuff for your particular model. I did it for mine if you need help.

When I first powered on the N800 it automatically detected my cellhphone (because I had BT on), and the N800 wizard went through everything necessary to get BT / DUN networking set up.