Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Maybe this issue is somehow related to WLAN becoming just connected. Do you know how good your signal is to the WLAN? Does your phone get easily disconnected? I wonder how Telepathy reacts if the connection is disturbed. Will it persist the mode that was set, and apply it when connection is back on, or does it just fail?

Also do you have the "restore previous availability" option on?

I notice something a bit strange on the log too before the error:

ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)

This means that there is no GSM signal.
Usually I'm right next to AP, so there shouldn't be problems with signal strength and I have tested this on couple different WLANs.
I made some new tests and you can find those logs and my rules on the attached file.
I have not set "restore previous availability" to any action.
Can you make that kind of rule and test if it works for you? Am I the only one who is suffering from this?

Funny that you noticed there's no GSM signal, because it automatically activates flight mode (or atleast something like that) which I haven't set like that. I didn't notice that earlier because there isn't flight mode icon on the top left corner.

My friend was just asking why I won't answer phone and I couldn't found any missed call notifications on my phone. I made more tests and found that it always goes to this mode when that WLAN rule activates.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.txt (2.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: txt rules.conf.txt (1.5 KB, 70 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonyk For This Useful Post:
Maybe this issue is somehow related to WLAN becoming just connected. Do you know how good your signal is to the WLAN? Does your phone get easily disconnected? I wonder how Telepathy reacts if the connection is disturbed. Will it persist the mode that was set, and apply it when connection is back on, or does it just fail?
It may be caused by auto-reconnection by Telepathy (there is an automatic presence property which is used if the connection is reestablished by Telepathy - it does not support the offline presence type though). Maybe by combining auto-(re)connect and automatic presence this can be stopped though (I want to make sure if the availability application does it the same way though).

Edit: The stock availability application modifies both properties and I have created a quick workaround which is now being tested.

I notice something a bit strange on the log too before the error:

ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)

This means that there is no GSM signal.
I'm seeing a similar log message on my phone - I do have a GSM signal though so that log message may be related to switching to Wifi.

Last edited by chillip; 2012-03-13 at 17:14. Reason: Updated info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
Usually I'm right next to AP, so there shouldn't be problems with signal strength and I have tested this on couple different WLANs.
I made some new tests and you can find those logs and my rules on the attached file.
I have not set "restore previous availability" to any action.
Can you make that kind of rule and test if it works for you? Am I the only one who is suffering from this?

Funny that you noticed there's no GSM signal, because it automatically activates flight mode (or atleast something like that) which I haven't set like that. I didn't notice that earlier because there isn't flight mode icon on the top left corner.
Actually now that I looked more carefully, I made a mistake there... the monitorCellIds(0) means just that cellId monitoring is not needed so it's disabled.

I think I managed to reproduce your issue. But I need to find some time to simplify my setup and test it better. No idea what causes it though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Is there an issue with the ovi store version ? I'm getting a hash sum mismatch for 1.4.0. Tried to download via both store app and terminal but failed.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
profilematic
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 196kB of archives.
After this operation, 733kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 [196kB]
0% [1 profilematic 0B]QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
Fetched 196kB in 2s (70.0kB/s)
Failed to fetch exec:////usr/bin/osa --get 'profilematic' Hash Sum mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Here is very likely the final 1.5.0 version that will be pushed to Nokia Store:

EDIT: I fumbled with the merge in the morning so no use downloading this version. Will post new when possible.
EDIT2: And here it is:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....5.0_armel.deb

It is strongly recommended to update to this version if you're using ProfileMatic to set Availability. There was a bug in the 1.4.x versions which could result in GSM calls not getting through anymore if you had used "All Offline".

Changes in 1.5.0:
- Mobile network action (Dual/GSM/3G)
- Extended availability modes, away etc.
- Restore previous BlueTooth
- Warnings for potentially impossible conditions
- BugFix: ProfileMatic 1.4.0 sometimes started as wrong user after installation
- BugFix: All offline availability fix

Thanks to:
- Tonyk for help in figuring out the availability problem
- chillip for all availability changes and fast fixes
- itsnotabigtruck for help in getting the libraries for Dual/GSM/3G

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-03-14 at 20:05.

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Is there an issue with the ovi store version ? I'm getting a hash sum mismatch for 1.4.0. Tried to download via both store app and terminal but failed.
I don't think it's ProfileMatic. I think there's some Nokia repository problem, I'm getting funny errors/warnings since yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
With the 1.5.0 beta, posted earlier, you can do this by using the following custom actions:

Turning background connection off:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s --type boolean /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode false
Turning background connection on:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s --type boolean /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode true
Once version 1.5.0 goes to store I will update ProfileMatic's homepage to include these tips + QR Codes so that you can easily scan them with MeeScan and copy-paste them to ProfileMatic's actions.
Thank you! Of course i still would prefer this to be done without scripts...I think "Background connection" is something very basic and not so uncommon that it needs to be done with scripts...Would be cool to see this maybe in 1.6? :-)

Thx anyway for this tool!

Last edited by zappAtom; 2012-03-14 at 13:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Here is very likely the final 1.5.0 version that will be pushed to Nokia Store:

EDIT: I fumbled with the merge in the morning so no use downloading this version. Will post new when possible.
EDIT2: And here it is:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....5.0_armel.deb

It is strongly recommended to update to this version if you're using ProfileMatic to set Availability. There was a bug in the 1.4.x versions which could result in GSM calls not getting through anymore if you had used "All Offline".
And now it's fixed and the URL is back. Sorry about my earlier fumbling with the fix. I'll just blame my children for distracting me in the critical moments :-).

And thanks again to chillip for his work on the Availability and the fixes!

Please let us know Tonyk that this version fixes your issues. At least in my testing it did.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Thank you! Of course i still would prefer this to be done without scripts...I think "Background connection" is something very basic and not so uncommon that it needs to be done with scripts...Would be cool to see this maybe in 1.6? :-)
Why, scripts are cool ? But seriously, maybe it is not so uncommon, and I'll certainly keep tab on how much it is requested.

The reasons I'm not immediately including it are (but may eventually):
- It can be easily scripted
- The actions listing has already grown too big. It's overwhelming, and the UI needs refactoring. Until I've had time to do that refactoring, I'm wary of adding new actions that can be done with simple scripting.
- Each new feature grows ProfileMatic a bit. As it's always running in background, each feature takes a bit more memory from the device.
- There's still much work. I feel I should prioritize stuff that can not be scripted.

Anyway, I understand writing scripts to a cell phone is quite annoying. So I added to ProfileMatic's homepage QR codes for the scripts so that you can easily scan with MeeScan and paste them to ProfileMatic. See them here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/

And if you come with your own useful scripts, please do post them in this thread. I'll add them to the homepage when applicable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
A suggestion for cell based actions:

You should change the behavior of it to make it less frequent changing when loosing signal or crossing cells.

For example:

Problem 1
I am in a cell where my profile is set to beep by cell ID. I enter an elevator and loose signal --> it changes to Normal. I leave elevator --> it changes back to Beep.

Solution
It should only change profile when entering an unknown cell. Not when not having a cell at all.

Problem 2
I am in an area with alot of cells that I all have collected. In this areas my profile is set to beep. When I move around in this area it constantly changes Profile from Beep to Beep to Beep........ while I'm crossing cell IDs.

Solution
Check if condition is already fullfiled before changing profile.

Last edited by Morpog; 2012-03-14 at 20:57.