Active Topics

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
It is unfortunate the Led is there with no beneficial use but I for on don't really miss it. With the lock screen showing all my notifications what use do I have for blinking lights when I can easily see icons for various things (software updates, new mail, missed call, sms, etc). Being notified of notifications when the screen is off is the main thing having icons intend of different blinking lights is better IMO, but to each their own. If this is made to work in the future that is still awesome but in my case I'm more than happy with the way I receive notifications.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
True, icons on the screen can be seen as an improvement over a LED. But then why add a LED to the phone in the first place? It's a matter of taste, and perhaps I'll just have to get used to a standby clock that's always visible and using battery (albeit very little).

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
screen idle icons do not explaine anything as i can't see them while i'm not holding phone while led i can see across the room

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
screen idle icons do not explaine anything as i can't see them while i'm not holding phone while led i can see across the room
Exactly. I don't always keep my phone in front of me. Especially evenings I keep it on a shelf or bookcase etc. inaudible. And especially when the lights are dimmed I can immediately notice when my N8 has had messages for example when the notification led glows. Yes it's a very specific situation, but even when I have direct view on the device I don't specifically have to look at it when the led pulsates to see something has happened.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Bumping this thread for others to vote on this...
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=389

I understand Nokia not devoting any more time to this.
But at least make it easier for the community to do so!

See the issues devs are facing WRT that here:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4554