Posts: 10 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Planet earth, I'm everywhere and nowhere at home. At the moment I stay in france for a while.
Hello,

I have to sell 2 Jolla Phones, one with Keira Black instead of Snow White TOH, which I got October last year and I used as daily driver. It have a very thin scratch from the first day. I put it only in my pocket how I was used before with my iPhone. Anyway, you can see the scratch only when the display is black and the light comes from the right angle. Also the two corners up have a little scratch in the paint.
The other one I got in December which I only bought to develop. So it was laying only on my desk around and is like new.
Each of them I will sell with origanal package and all what was in the box. The invoice I will print and send with the device. I want 180€ each.
For the tablet you have to pay the orignal price + costs It will come to when the ship: vat or import tax (this depends on from where they ship it to france). So the price is 194€.
When I have to ship it to germany or france I will pay the shipment, I DO NOT ship to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States. Rest of the world need to pay shipment which exceeds 10€. Or in other words, I will pay 10€ the rest have to pay the buyer.

Reason why I sell this all is just Jolla is not open and free enough for me and I feel somehow still betrayed by their marketing. And because I bought Jolla because of openess (I sold all my Apple stuff because of the same reason). Some days ago I came to the certainity that stay with Jolla is wrong as stay with Apple for me. So I came to the conclusion, or I will get a free and open phone or I don't wan't to have anymore a phone.

Last edited by DiosDelRayo; 2015-01-17 at 13:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Planet earth, I'm everywhere and nowhere at home. At the moment I stay in france for a while.
And now I remember, I have also:

Bare DIY edition. Includes PCB's, SMD components, screws, domesheet and keypad of your choice. Files for 3D-printed casings and backplate, and BOM are included digitally.
Estimated delivery: Mar 2015
Ships anywhere in the world
For 60€ is yours under the same conditions like above.

And I accept only personal trade or wire transfer (iban/bic) and sending after money arrived in my account. Of course I will accept bitcoin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DiosDelRayo View Post
I came to the conclusion, or I will get a free and open phone or I don't wan't to have anymore a phone.
Stallman approves. Out of curiosity as I don't remember seeing you, N900 did also not fulfill openness requirements I guess? So no phone? Or you mean you prefer a phablet if you have to carry a closed device? Or neo?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Hey, I'm interested in the tablet - tell me how the transaction could work ... you should drop a few posts more so we could do this through private messages ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Stallman approves. Out of curiosity as I don't remember seeing you, N900 did also not fulfill openness requirements I guess? So no phone? Or you mean you prefer a phablet if you have to carry a closed device? Or neo?
I don't know at the moment I have to research more about N900 and Neo900 that do not happen the same think like with Jolla again. After I bought the Jolla I had swallowed that everything related to Qualcomm is closed because of NDA, but nothing else. Today, I'm sure that even that I wouldn't accept because the baseband shares the memory on the phone, and at the end it's not me who controls the phone. For me it's about controll, and the freedom to do with my device what ever I want - now, tomorrow, next month, next year or in ten years. So Jolla died for me like Apple and Google did.

I'm intressted in the Neo900, all what I have seen is promissing, but because what happened with me with Jolla (there I found very few real data, but a lot of promise of openness), I will first research very good before support the project. If I convinced I will get involved with the Neo900. Also I'm looking around with the N900, but it looks it have similar problems to Jolla.
So I think at the moment I will get for my Notebooks a Gobi2000 and put there my sim cards in. And when ever I need inet outside my house I can just turn the modem on and be online, and after it shut off.
The lesson I learned in my life (till now) is that there is not a little bit of freedom, there is freedom or there is not, or in other words a jail is a jail, doesn't matter how big it is. If you have broader limits, it doesn't mean more freedom because freedom is the contrary of any limit.

So if the consequence is to have no phone at all because there is no one with freedom, well then then I will have no phone. I lived before I had a smart phone, and I lived before I have a phone, and in reallity it's not the phone functionallity I use, it's the data plan. I don't like to be reachable by phone where I have to answer right now and get interupted. So maybe at the end I will come to the conclusion that anyway a phone makes you to be a slave - I don't know at the moment. I'm still in a phase of change and still I don't know where I will arrive, but what I know already is that I will drop and avoid everything what is closed and locked up. Like I did it a long time before in the real world.
Also I on my self will never more develop closed source software, neither I will develop oss or foss for closed systems.
I know it's radical - it's me. Before I was sometimes smileing about RMS, today I think yes he is absolutly right.

I hope I could answer your question, unhappyly I tend to write testaments :S So the simple answer is I will find one that is free enough for me, or I will be without a phone, hope for the Neo900 but must first verify

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
Hey, I'm interested in the tablet - tell me how the transaction could work ... you should drop a few posts more so we could do this through private messages ;-)
Okay, I will do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Offtopic, but still relevant to the current discussion: Since you are content to substitute your phone with sth. like a 3G-enabled notebook, maybe this is yet another possibility that could very well suite you:

http://www.pyra-handheld.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by txus View Post
Offtopic, but still relevant to the current discussion: Since you are content to substitute your phone with sth. like a 3G-enabled notebook, maybe this is yet another possibility that could very well suite you:

http://www.pyra-handheld.com/
Looks really interesting from the specs, thanks. For my Thinkpads it's only 17€ for a 3G card, so that is the thing which closest to me. At the moment I should evaluate what I really need. My iPhone and iPad I used a lot, and a lot to organize myself. Since I had the Jolla and a CM11 Tablet (which I want install Plasma Active) I used more my Notebooks. I'm even no more sure if I really need something like a phone or 3G (except for travelling in Europe). Also in the last time I think the problem is not the baseband alone. Maybe this old way to connect over a mobile provide is also the wrong way, like also the internet structure nowadays. Maybe it would better to go 5 steps back and think about mesh networks like Freifunk etc. Maybe it's time to start something completely new. I think in the last time also it's crazy to be always on. Is it really necessary?
So, I was now full off topic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Now I remember that I also perked a Lastu Case for the Jolla Tablet which looks really nice The price was 41.50€, so that what I want also for it. Maybe elastic has also interest on it. Hope at least to sell the Tablet together with the Lastu Case because of shipping.

PS: I couldn't found on what it depends that I can send and receive private messages. Somebody can tell me?

The Following User Says Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Off topic, but maybe relevant to the OP Have you heard of Novena?

https://www.crowdsupply.com/kosagi/novena-open-laptop

A new open-hardware computing platform, flexible and powerful, designed for use as a desktop, laptop, or standalone board.

Novena is a 1.2GHz, Freescale quad-core ARM architecture computer closely coupled with a Xilinx FPGA. It’s designed for users who care about Free Software and open source, and/or want to modify and extend their hardware: all the documentation for the PCBs is open and free to download, the entire OS is buildable from source, and it comes with a variety of features that facilitate rapid prototyping.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla phone, selling jolla