Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by dancevinyl View Post
Hi,

Great new interface, got passed the black screen issue by installing qtquick.

Main issue I'm having at the moment on latest version (1.2.8) is entering youtube username/password, in accounts - youtube authorisation page - opens webpage but I'm unable to enter username/password in the text fields. Sign in button works but I'm unable to type in the boxes.

I have also tried my username in the conf file, is youtubeaccesstoken= the correct place to put the password?

Also not getting thumbnails, but I'll read through this thread to see if there's a solution for that.

Regards,

DV
There is a problem with obtaining keyboard focus in a webview when using Qt 4.7.0. In the older versions, I spent quite a bit of time solving this, but my only N900 now has CSSU installed with Qt 4.7.4, so I can't test against the older Qt libraries. This means that there is likely to be a few problems for users that don't have CSSU installed, due to API changes or bugs that have been fixed since Qt 4.7.0.

The usual fix for the thumbnails problem is to install the mcsp package http://maemo.org/packages/view/mcsp/. For some reason, I removed this from the list of dependencies. I've added it again ready for the next update. Installing the mcsp package also fixes the black screen problem, because it allows QtQuick 1.0 imports.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-01-30 at 18:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RiotingPacifist View Post
The blackscreen on my n900 was a result of qtquick namespace incompatibility

to users:
quick fix is to install "qtquick 1.0 compatibility plugin"

to dev:
quick fix: make cutetube-qml dependant on "qtquick 1.0 compatibility plugin"
real fix: fix namespaces for things you import
See my previous post. Problem is due to mcsp missing from dependencies. Fixed for next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Not wanting to miss out on the new interface I took the plunge, wiped my Nokia back to stock (PR1.3) and installed CSSU, soon followed by cutetube-qml :-)

All up and running with latest from extras-devel.

Thanks,

DV

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There is a problem with obtaining keyboard focus in a webview when using Qt 4.7.0. In the older versions, I spent quite a bit of time solving this, but my only N900 now has CSSU installed with Qt 4.7.4, so I can't test against the older Qt libraries. This means that there is likely to be a few problems for users that don't have CSSU installed, due to API changes or bugs that have been fixed since Qt 4.7.0.

The usual fix for the thumbnails problem is to install the mcsp package http://maemo.org/packages/view/mcsp/. For some reason, I removed this from the list of dependencies. I've added it again ready for the next update. Installing the mcsp package also fixes the black screen problem, because it allows QtQuick 1.0 imports.

The Following User Says Thank You to dancevinyl For This Useful Post:
sorry if this has been brought up: downloading works but it doesn't download the whole file. So a 83mb I'd only get 78mb
is anyone else getting the same problem?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The latest version of cutetube for meego, I cant see any event feed, what can help?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The latest version of cutetube for meego, I cant see any event feed, what can help?
Have you enabled the feed in the application settings? After enabling, it may take a while before the feed is shown, as the plugin is launched every 30 minutes. If you are using PR1.0, you will also need to restart the device in order to complete installation of the event-feed plugin.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Have you enabled the feed in the application settings? After enabling, it may take a while before the feed is shown, as the plugin is launched every 30 minutes. If you are using PR1.0, you will also need to restart the device in order to complete installation of the event-feed plugin.
I have enabled and rebooted, still cant show in event page..

Originally Posted by lonk View Post
sorry if this has been brought up: downloading works but it doesn't download the whole file. So a 83mb I'd only get 78mb
is anyone else getting the same problem?
I would not worry about this, so long as the video content is as expected. The difference will be down to how the actual filesize is reported vs my rounding of the figure provided by the Content-Length header (plus existing filesize reported by QFile::size() when resuming a download) when downloading the file.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
after installing cssu testing youtube videos of qmltube are not working any more in my home wireless connection (dailymotion and xtube are ok) but on other wireless connection(work, bar etc) playback is ok.
when i search youtube videos the list is shown but when i choose to play there is an error "unable to establish a network connection"

what might be wrong in this case, is there any solution ?
this app is very useful for me

anyway thanks for your efforts and exellent work

Originally Posted by logix76 View Post
after installing cssu testing youtube videos of qmltube are not working any more in my home wireless connection (dailymotion and xtube are ok) but on other wireless connection(work, bar etc) playback is ok.
when i search youtube videos the list is shown but when i choose to play there is an error "unable to establish a network connection"

what might be wrong in this case, is there any solution ?
this app is very useful for me

anyway thanks for your efforts and exellent work
The QML video player must be reporting error status Video.NetworkError. Have you tried one of the alternative video players using the same network connection?

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube