I want to add an all-day event in my calender, but not to the "default calender" that is set in calendar settings. But when I do, it gets expanded to the selected day, AND the following day, thus becomes a 2 day event.

I am on a 64GB N9, PR1.2 Balkan Version. I have CalDav setup with GMail and have multiple calenders there. Also running the CalenderFeed app which might be causing the problem. I think after I installed it I have not been able to set the "week starts on" day. It would always be set back to Sunday, even though I selected Monday.

Here are the steps which I take to add my event, maybe you can test and see if it is the same for you:

- Open calender
- Click on the + bottom left
- Type the subject
- Click on time and select the date (Feb 21)
- Check the "All day" check mark. (Start time disapears and can't be edited anymore).
- Click save. Now I am in the edit event screen again.
- Click the little down arrow to expand the options.
- Calender, is selected as the default one ('Personal' from google in my case).
- I click in calender and select a different one
- Click save again. I am brought to the calender monthly view.

Now there is an event for Feb 21st AND Feb 22nd that is All Day. Here are some screenshots.

Feb 21
Feb 22
Entry Details

Last edited by Glavata; 2012-02-17 at 07:04.

OK, I restarted the phone and this problem went away... Not sure what happened... I still have my money on CalenderFeed messing with something.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I haven't got the N9 yet, but I had a similar bug on the N900. With UK language and Netherlands time, and a sync with Exchange, all day events were shifted by an hour (UK time? Winter time?) After changing, events could shift a day until I no longer knew what the original date was. Seems to me that the sync protocol has no "All day" tag but only a start and end time. Stopped using all day events all together.