Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
i have experienced the need to look up a certian number in call history during another call and after much deliberation figured out extended call log cld do the trick

hmm...probably the day is not far when the OEM just concentrates on the hardware,base OS with drivers and leaves the rest to the community....customisation at its very best

I understood you, disco, and have experienced the same problem. I got around it by using the Extended Log app, as others suggested. But you're right, it does seem like something common enough to warrant being a feature of the basic call log, perhaps as an option from the "Call" pick-list at the top of the Phone screen during an active call.

The n900 is not just like any other phone.

If you cannot seem to access the call log when on a call, then it's probably not possible.

Find a workaround, extended call log, add numbers to your contacts, hang up the call and access the call log, get a different phone. All will work just fine to do what you want. That is how the n900 works. If you can't do something, find a workaround.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you everyone for the help on this... i had extended call log installed since i got the phone and i used it to be able to access the log while on the phone. only issue now is that it is not possible to "click" on the number from within the log and call from there. looks like you'd have to write the number down and then manually enter it in the dial pad.

kind of annoying.

also... since we are on this extended call log app..... i was under the impression that this app held onto numbers for a lot longer than 30 days. am i missing something or is this a programmable feature?