Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@nbedford
Yes, happens to many users. you can check OVI store reviews about that. I have had the same issue, so I reinstalled Calendar feed. Since then it is on top of events, but does not show the current date actually. I think it will start sinking down again every other day.
I contacted the developer via e-mail, answer was that the issue is PR1.2 itself and a clean reflash will solve this, but I actually do not see compelling reason to reflash my device when everything else is working OK.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@nbedford
Yes, happens to many users. you can check OVI store reviews about that. I have had the same issue, so I reinstalled Calendar feed. Since then it is on top of events, but does not show the current date actually. I think it will start sinking down again every other day.
I contacted the developer via e-mail, answer was that the issue is PR1.2 itself and a clean reflash will solve this, but I actually do not see compelling reason to reflash my device when everything else is working OK.
I happened to completely wipe and reflash my N9 with PR1.2 to solve some other problems, but the Calendar Feed update issue is still worse after the 1.2 update than before. I've had to restart my phone 2-3 times a day which makes it more trouble than it's worth, so I've uninstalled it until it gets sorted out...
Reflashing isn't a certain fix - something is definitely amiss somewhere

Calendar Feed broke again today....That was it for me - uninstalled and loaded Organizer feed. So far works fine
Different layout than Calendar feed, can't tell better or worse.

Calendar Feed broke again today....That was it for me - uninstalled and loaded Organizer feed. So far works fine
That thoguht crossed my mind, but I prefer layout of Calendar feed. Would be interested to know your thoughts on the alternative after some days of use

try the aggregated view in organiser feed.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The issue is that Buteo Sync Framework is incredibly flaky and will often just stop running the installed event-feed plugins. A reboot seems to fix it temporarily, but the problem will usually return.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
That thoguht crossed my mind, but I prefer layout of Calendar feed. Would be interested to know your thoughts on the alternative after some days of use
I used Calendar feed previously, precisely because I liked the layout and Organizer feed at the time didn't have the "Aggregated" mode. But now it does, and when I got my N9 a week ago I decided to try Organizer feed as I had problems wth calendar feed being up-to-date. Has been working very well, and there's no more problems with being up-to-date. Also with the "aggregated" mode it's compact enough that I don't miss Calendar feed anymore for the layout.

Both are very good, but if you have problems with Calendar feed, try Organizer feed and turn on the aggregated mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
No hope for a fix?

@nbedford
I've been using Organizer feed for 2 days now. I got used to the layout of it. More informative, but is a slight waste of space if you have different types of events compared to Calendar-feed. Been stable so far. Excellent option for everyone experiencing issues with Calendar-feed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
I've been trying to be patient with calendar feed and try not to reboot or play with the settings whatever. My observations so far is that it will refresh when the last entry is past the date The date numbers and what not seem to work until the last day of what you see in the calendar. Right now I have events on the 15th, and the number reads 14. I'm expecting it to refresh tomorrow

Anyways I really liked the layout of calendar feed but now with reports about organizer feed with aggregator mode is not bad, I'll try it.

Tags
calendar, events, feeds, harmattan