If anyone's interested, there's a Nokia N900 Q&A video from London's event with Jussi from Nokia and Andrew and Gary from this Maemo Community.

Nokia seems to have a lot of love for maemo.org and its peeps.

Nokia N900 Q & A with Jussi Mäkinen and Maemo Community guys

I'm guessing for you Maemo guys, you already know a lot of what was being said to us, so I don't know if this'll be of any use. But for people new to Maemo, and the whole internet tablet thing, it might be.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
Thank you.

But even a video in flash. You know, the modern web browsers are compatible with the tag <video> of HTML5.

Originally Posted by korbé View Post
Thank you.

But even a video in flash. You know, the modern web browsers are compatible with the tag <video> of HTML5.
compatible with the tag yes....standardized on a codec, not so much. Besides, would you want to limit viewing to only those who have the cutting-edge browsers installed when html5-capable browsers are still so new (assuming they all agreed on a common codec)? For instance, Firefox 3.0 is still being officially supported by Mozilla...and there are lots of folks still on it. Flash still has a place.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to texaslabrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
I am not criticizing the fact that there have Flash, but the fact that there have only Flash.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
The HTML5 video spec degrades nicer than Flash, and any Flash stes should be using a JS method of serving the movie so that additional accessile traits could be grafed via HTML or other embedding technologies.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Is it me or they are betting the house in Maemo6?