Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
lumia needs some good press in this thread as well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lumia_900_fo...-news-4075.php

I'm not into the lumia 900 but I like see the phone at the top of the list. We need more phones,OSes and vendors! not fewer.
Yeah. Besides, if Lumias fail, Nokia might as well die and this for sure would be a disaster.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
WP is gaining momentum. Maybe too slow, but definitely gaining. In numbers Nokia has sold millions of wp phones. The market share is still small, but it is mainly due to the smartphone revolution.
Where? If you're talking about the U.S., cough up some numbers or GTFO. While we're waiting, everyone can take a look at this:

Name:  comscore.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  25.4 KB

That's less than a month and a half ago from an article that's less than a week old.

Found here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...html?ispopup=y

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Only focusing on the negatives. Cheer up!
im focusing on what i need, and if it fails in that department it fails totally for me, there are no good sides to a device that isnt compliant with my needs and wants...

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
Yeah. Besides, if Lumias fail, Nokia might as well die and this for sure would be a disaster.
or it might go back to producing best devices using symbian and maemo as their OS which is a result all sane people are hoping for

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Where? If you're talking about the U.S., cough up some numbers or GTFO. While we're waiting, everyone can take a look at this:

Attachment 25745

That's less than a month and a half ago from an article that's less than a week old.
and the margin of error is +/- 1.5%?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
lumia needs some good press in this thread as well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lumia_900_fo...-news-4075.php

I'm not into the lumia 900 but I like see the phone at the top of the list. We need more phones,OSes and vendors! not fewer.
Lumiaman posted that already. It's bull, when you don't narrow it down so much the phone is being outsold by 5 other phones including the SII. Look at bestsellers on the right.

http://wireless.amazon.com/

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
or it might go back to producing best devices using symbian and maemo as their OS which is a result all sane people are hoping for
Don't get me wrong, I would sign for it right now if I had a choice, and if, also hypothetically speaking, I could lure all devs to MeeGo, otherwise a good platform with no apps is not very appealing.
Symbian...unless they make it more modular like Android (i.e.: ability to choose default apps for everything) and integrated with sharing services (i.e.: having more sharing options in gallery than just FB and Twitter), I would ditch it for good. Its architecture is old. MeeGo is much better and flexible in this aspect and would have been a big hit, had it not come when Nokia's fame was at its lowest.
Right now, hoping in good sales for Lumias is a win-win because an improvement in the financial situation of the group could serve to keep other projects going in the background. In fact, Nokia never signed an exclusive to MS. They can release other phones with other OSes as well.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would sign for it right now if I had a choice, and if, also hypothetically speaking, I could lure all devs to MeeGo, otherwise a good platform with no apps is not very appealing.
Symbian...unless they make it more modular like Android (i.e.: ability to choose default apps for everything) and integrated with sharing services (i.e.: having more sharing options in gallery than just FB and Twitter), I would ditch it for good. Its architecture is old. MeeGo is much better and flexible in this aspect and would have been a big hit, had it not come when Nokia's fame was at its lowest.
Right now, hoping in good sales for Lumias is a win-win because an improvement in the financial situation of the group could serve to keep other projects going in the background. In fact, Nokia never signed an exclusive to MS. They can release other phones with other OSes as well.
Finally someone with a response that makes sense. I agree with you 100%. Others, however, are too hateful to comprehend.

A snippet from Stephen Elop's interview:

Nokia: So, why should we choose you over the other candidates?

Elop: I'll give you a billion dollars.

Nokia: Can you start on Wednesday?

Last edited by daperl; 2012-04-10 at 16:38.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
^^^ Excellent

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows