Notices

Hello,

Since this app has to do with security of the phone, I would like to sudjest the following:

If the phone is connected with bluetooth, and it looses the connection with it, to start a siren on the phone. Most people keep on their clothes the hands free, and it would be a nice idea if when they forget the phone and leave for more than 10 meters ( or less ) the bluetooth looses connection, and then it sounds an alarm on the phone.

It could be also cool if it could check the strength of bluetooth signal, and be able to configure the level.

This is also usefull to put your bluetooth hands free in your bag on a train/ ship and have an alarm if someone tries to steal it

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nas View Post
Hello,

Since this app has to do with security of the phone, I would like to sudjest the following:

If the phone is connected with bluetooth, and it looses the connection with it, to start a siren on the phone. Most people keep on their clothes the hands free, and it would be a nice idea if when they forget the phone and leave for more than 10 meters ( or less ) the bluetooth looses connection, and then it sounds an alarm on the phone.

It could be also cool if it could check the strength of bluetooth signal, and be able to configure the level.

This is also usefull to put your bluetooth hands free in your bag on a train/ ship and have an alarm if someone tries to steal it
In my opinion (and only), it is a great idea for a separate application.

BTW, anyone which tested the QA criteria should feel free to vote for promotion here:
here and here. Thanks

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
In my opinion (and only), it is a great idea for a separate application.
For that, would be nice to have DBUS-interface to smscon-daemon so separate applications could control it and use it as a backend.

Has anyone worked out how to get hotmail working with smscon? I've tried both smtp ports 25 and 587 and still no joy.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post

BTW, anyone which tested the QA criteria should feel free to vote for promotion here:
here and here. Thanks
sorry for quoting myself.. Update on the subject:

The Editor has enough votes now but some people have not voted on both.
So, waiting for few more here

thx

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Hi all,

I hope to release 0.8 in the next 2 weeks... (i'm very busy at work & private life).

This will be also be the last release for the upcoming time, maybe I will develop futher in the future... I want to use my time on other projects (non-maemo releated).

Last edited by digitalvoid; 2011-01-14 at 11:57.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
hi,
i just installed this application but iv got a problem.. when ever i try to open this app, it asks me for a password which i set it up when i was installing. but when i enter the password, everytime it says its incorrect :S what am i doing wrong? i have checked my password like a million times now. is there anyway i can change the password without running the app?

thanks

btw my password consists of numbers and one alphabet. can that be causing the problem?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
try 12345 as a password first to open the smscon editor and then change it as per your desire !

oh it worked thanks man

btw what was that password that it asked me to make during installation? was it for ssh?