Active Topics

I've been using Nokia Maps and GPSJinni for several years with no problems - after I quit the application GPS stopped working.
But I tried to install Mappero the other day and since then, even after I uninstalled Mappero and restored settings, GPS continues to work after I quit any application that starts it, even after I restart the device.

I see 2 processes when I do a"ps axf | grep locat" -

/usr/bin/location-proxy --no-detach
/usr/libexec/location-daemon

Disabling the GPS leaves the processes running, although the icon stops blinking. The only workaround I found was to make a script to kill location-daemon
kill -9 `ps -clx | grep 'location-daemon' | awk '{print $1}' | head -1`

BTW I type the "`" symbol but it does not appear (keyboard or on-screen keyboard) finally had to copy the script from the PC

Any idea how to roll back the settings so GPS exits gracefully?

Last edited by nasokay; 2013-12-21 at 08:28. Reason: typo

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nasokay View Post
BTW I type the "`" symbol but it does not appear (keyboard or on-screen keyboard) finally had to copy the script from the PC
Hint: Third row keys are "modifier keys", for entering accented characters like àéôñüůš. To enter just the character on its own you have to press it twice.

Regarding your GPS problem, I don't know. I have only location-proxy running (sleeping).

Thank you, pichlo,
it also dawned on me I can do an ssh connection to the phone and save a lot of keying and staring
BTW I found out that latitudeassist is what kept GPS location-daemon up and doing so this is solved

Last edited by nasokay; 2013-12-21 at 15:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to nasokay For This Useful Post: