That sucks.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by mistermix View Post
Boy Genius Report has a powerpoint from a T-Mobile presentation, showing new phone introductions for the next couple of months. The newly announced Moto Cliq is on the list, but no sign of the N900. That certainly doesn't rule out a N900 on T-Mobile sometime in the future, but it doesn't look like Christmas will include a subsidized N900.
That document also doesn't have the HTC Touch Pro 2 on it, but T-Mobile just started offering that phone. Keep in mind that the N900 was independently developed, while there was cooperation on the phones on that list. This document isn't a high indicator of whether N900 will be offered by T-Mo sometime this year.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Well, I'm still waiting on the 3G version of the n900. I'm not too thrilled about the pricetag, but if it (the 3G version) can be used both in the USA and overseas, then I'm golden. If not, then I guess I'll have to wait a couple years until I'm back from Taiwan to get one.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I wish someone would address this for me, too. Does it support Band I and IV, or just one of the two?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I wish someone would address this for me, too. Does it support Band I and IV, or just one of the two?
It supports both. There is only one model of the N900 (RX-51) that has been circulating among the press and it passed the FCC a little while ago.

Here's the FCC report:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

Scroll to page 3 and you'll very clearly see "WCDMA 1700/2100". In other words, *you will get 3G on T-Mobile US as long as you're in an area with 3G coverage*.
To further confirm this, a HoFo (Howard Forums) member recently visited the NYC Nokia Flagship store and tested out the N900 with his own T-Mobile sim card. The 3G symbol showed up as expected. I believe he even put up a picture showing this.

I really don't get why there's so much confusion over this. T-Mobile US customers are set. It's us AT&T customers that are out of luck. All we can do is hope that Nokia will release a device relatively soon with 3G support for our network.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadMojoUT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by BadMojoUT View Post
It supports both. There is only one model of the N900 (RX-51) that has been circulating among the press and it passed the FCC a little while ago.

Here's the FCC report:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

Scroll to page 3 and you'll very clearly see "WCDMA 1700/2100". In other words, *you will get 3G on T-Mobile US as long as you're in an area with 3G coverage*.
To further confirm this, a HoFo (Howard Forums) member recently visited the NYC Nokia Flagship store and tested out the N900 with his own T-Mobile sim card. The 3G symbol showed up as expected. I believe he even put up a picture showing this.

I really don't get why there's so much confusion over this. T-Mobile US customers are set. It's us AT&T customers that are out of luck. All we can do is hope that Nokia will release a device relatively soon with 3G support for our network.

wait they have it in the New York flagship store??? im 25 min away...!!!!

Yeah. I think one or two people have been there. Go and give us your report as well. I'm dying more hands n reports, video too if you can. I'm an addict now waiting for my fix.
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
wait they have it in the New York flagship store??? im 25 min away...!!!!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
okay i have off work tommorrow will be going i got android phone want me to try to use quik i believe the app is to stream it

The Following User Says Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean

I really don't get why there's so much confusion over this.
The confusion concerns whether the N900 will work on both the Euro/Asian 3G networks and the U.S. 2100mhz 3G network.
This has been answered in the thread "3G in U.S. vs Europe/Asia."

It's us AT&T customers that are out of luck. All we can do is hope that Nokia will release a device relatively soon with 3G support for our network.
Or you can simply buy TMobile SIM card and continue using TMobile instead of AT&T. Can't you?