Active Topics

Called yesterday about applying a 15% discount on the 21st.

1st phone guy: Yes, you can apply the 15% on your pre-order. (wtf you accept pre-orders?)
2nd phone guy (Dan): Yes and No, we don't do pre-orders here. All we can do is notify you that we have them in stock if your on the list (which luckily I am, I think....) and then if they are in on the 21st you can have the 15% off.

They are so confused that they have no idea what is going on.

They also said they don't have any in stock, and no real clue when they will. Dan said maybe this month, probably December. Then again I'm fed up with what anyone in Customer Service or Sales says because usually its bull.

I went in about 2 weeks ago and asked to see the N900. In response to hiring only hip young people, the saleswoman was over 27. She was nice but was very paranoid about letting me really take a look at it. She wouldn't let me turn the unit on, guess she wasn't the designated N900 salesperson.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
What is the Cyan debacle?
Back when I originally posted this, Google had sent a cease and desist letter to Cyanogen, one of the developers over at xda developers for using their google apps in his custom ROMS. It had appeared that Cyan wasn't going to develop any more of his custom roms for the G1 and that was one of the reasons I was jumping ship at the time. This has changed since then and he still develops for the G1, but I'm still switching to the N900.

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kwincy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Kwincy View Post
Back when I originally posted this, Google had sent a cease and desist letter to Cyanogen, one of the developers over at xda developers for using their google apps in his custom ROMS. It had appeared that Cyan wasn't going to develop any more of his custom roms for the G1 and that was one of the reasons I was jumping ship at the time. This has changed since then and he still develops for the G1, but I'm still switching to the N900.

Hope this helps.
Ah yeah I was getting ready earlier and didn't read it clearly I guess. I thought you were jumping ship from N900 so I didn't connect it with the Cyanogen thing. Thanks.