Active Topics

Look like nokia is giving away a 50 usd rebate if u create a ovi account when u buy the n900

http://maemoarena.com/2009/11/nokia-...-nokia-rebate/

The Following User Says Thank You to varunkrish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Just had another thought of why I can only find this rebate from Nokia on Amazon's website ( note it's not listed on Nokiausa.com ).

Perhaps Nokia won't be sending Amazon any units till after Christmas and because such, as a conciliation, is giving all Amazon N900 orders an extra $50 off.

It doesn't say on the rebate form that it's solely Amazon, but I'd bet if someone, who ordered from Nokiausa sent in the information they'd get an error processing or not valid response back from Nokia ( had the same issue with my E90, found a rebate form on a different website when I had ordered it through Amazon, rebate form didn't say particular companies were excluded, but after I sent it in, Nokia said I didn't qualify ).

-Socrates 469 BC

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hmm... getting close to "impulse buy" levels now...

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Just had another thought of why I can only find this rebate from Nokia on Amazon's website ( note it's not listed on Nokiausa.com ).

Perhaps Nokia won't be sending Amazon any units till after Christmas and because such, as a conciliation, is giving all Amazon N900 orders an extra $50 off.

It doesn't say on the rebate form that it's solely Amazon, but I'd bet if someone, who ordered from Nokiausa sent in the information they'd get an error processing or not valid response back from Nokia ( had the same issue with my E90, found a rebate form on a different website when I had ordered it through Amazon, rebate form didn't say particular companies were excluded, but after I sent it in, Nokia said I didn't qualify ).
Considering the rebate must be postmarked before 1/18/2010, My hope is that Amazon will ship sooner than Christmas. In my experience mail in rebates normally allow for plenty of time for submission on the order of 1-2 months...

If I don't get my N900 before the end of November someone is losing an Eye!

For anyone else interested, here's Amazon's response about the return policy for the n900.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In general, we issue a full refund when an item is returned in new condition as long as the carrier receives the returned package within 30 days of the day you received it from us. During the holiday season, we'll accept returns of items shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2009 until January 31, 2010.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Folks, looking more and more like the only places getting these first deliveries are Nokia and their direct market channels (official resellers).

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
For all the other folks who purchased (pre-orderd) the n900 on Amazon. com they recently posted a 50$ rebate from nokia. I don't think it is necessarily specific to Amazon purchases...But it IS specific to purchases in the USA

Link:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...227192481_.pdf

Last edited by matthewcc; 2009-11-16 at 17:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewcc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oviedo, Florida
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
... [Nokia's] direct market channels (official resellers).
And who are these, exactly? The NokiaUSA folks would only say "we do apologize but we have no available list of retailers and Amazon is not an authorized retailer of Nokia".

Originally Posted by dba View Post
And who are these, exactly? The NokiaUSA folks would only say "we do apologize but we have no available list of retailers and Amazon is not an authorized retailer of Nokia".
I thought that the only "authorized" retailers besides Nokia shops is Dell.

This is a duplicate thread.