Posts: 39 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ New York, USA
All was good until I added a few repos to my list and now every to any install/uninstall results in an error "Unable to Install".

I have removed all repos except the 2 default Nokia repos but that did'nt help. Can anyone please help me with this. I am clueless. What is going wrong here ??

Thanks in advance.

Try to do a "apt-get install <packagename>" from the commandline?

Actually, in the Application Manager, click the drop-down, and go to Tools | Log. Paste what it says in there please.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spazholio For This Useful Post:
Thanks for a quick reply Spazholio !!

Here is the Log:

osso-application-installer 4.22.1, UI version 1
-----
Installing theme-red 1.9.18-1
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the nuvotheme package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
-----
Installing maemopad 1.5
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the nuvotheme package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
-----
Uninstalling omweather 0.16

Same thing if I try apt-get. Although I do have "nuvotheme " installed (nuvotheme is listed in my Installed apps)

Try removing the nuvotheme package. Then install whatever is b0rked. It might pull it in as a dependency and actually set it up right.

How'd you install nuvotheme? Is in in one of the repos that's listed in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

Firstly, I cannot uninstall nuvotheme because if I try to uninstall anything, its gives me the same error message "Unable to uninstall".

I did get it from one of the repos in sources.list but now my sources.list is empty as I thought it was some problem with some repo.

Does installing an app and then removing its repo cause problems ??

I don't think so, but when you get into problems with dependencies like that, repos are the first thing I look at.

After the bottle of tequila that is.

Dependency hell WILL drive you to drink.

Here's a dumb question, is nuvotheme installed? Not "Does the Application Manager and apt-get *think* it's installed", but is it actually, honest to goodness installed?

Heck, worst case, you could manually install the nuvotheme package if you know where to get the .deb file.

lol Spazholio
6 pack is what I needed.. and a lil common sense
your "dumb" question is what I needed.. and a lil common sense
a manual NuvoTheme install is what I needed.. AND A LITTLE COMMON SENSE !!

So you got it? Dude, sweet. =)

I'm going to ride this streak and see if I can cure cancer. Back in a bit.