Notices

I, for one, fail to get how mapping on-screen buttons to hardware keyboard works. I suspect, that it's mapping screen coordinates touch to some button, but how to do it properly?

It would make many games (more)playable - for example, my favorite X-Plane series *generally* works ok, but things like trying instrument landing fail, due to inability to zoom map (it required touching @ two places and either moving them closer of further from themselves). Probably, binding any random place on map to HW key and touching other part of map really + moving finger would fix it...

Could someone explain me, in understandable way, how to do such - or more complicated - binding?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
Hello guys,
I've collected all the ini.files, hacks and images on this thread and I made this pack, with this pack we have a total of 71 WebOs games.

Here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?knxd7aj70oxgoc4

Credit goes to everyone that contributed!!!

I hope you enjoy
B-runo
Hello, the keyboard key of castle of magic does not work. Why?
At the end of the installation tells me:
Warning:
Postinstall script failed!
Please check the output:

Last edited by Fabbryo; 2012-05-25 at 12:32.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I, for one, fail to get how mapping on-screen buttons to hardware keyboard works. I suspect, that it's mapping screen coordinates touch to some button, but how to do it properly?

It would make many games (more)playable - for example, my favorite X-Plane series *generally* works ok, but things like trying instrument landing fail, due to inability to zoom map (it required touching @ two places and either moving them closer of further from themselves). Probably, binding any random place on map to HW key and touching other part of map really + moving finger would fix it...

Could someone explain me, in understandable way, how to do such - or more complicated - binding?

/Estel
Keyboard assignment is done by enabling gconf keys for each game.

To create those entries, WGM has some shell scripts stored in /opt/maemo/usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/hacks

These scripts are invoked at installation and uninstallation of the game, to create (or remove) the appropriate entries in the gconf database. In any case, you don't need to uninstall the game and reinstall it, simply execute the script you need with the install parameter.

If you have already installed any of the supported games, you should have those gconf keys created under /apps/preenv. Use GConf Editor (a must have app!!) to check the database.

For example one working game is Hero Of Sparta. Try to install it and check the new created entry in the gconf db.

So for the X-Plane case, first you need to create a script file, based in any existing file, changing the preenv key to match the game name (check the game name in the .desktop file created by WGM in /home/user/.local/share/ application/hldon), execute it to create the entries needed and then start the game.

But how to create your own gconf configuration? You will see in the script files provided by WGM, that each entry relates to a key, an X coordinate and a Y coordinate (in the case of buttons) and a DPAD configuration entries for moving. It's a bit complicated but you should be able to create your own entries and define the keys you want to use (keycodes).

In the concrete case that you want to emulate (a pinch to zoom) you can check the Angry Birds configuration files. They simulate pressings in different points of the screen with keys qweadzxc and then if you swipe a finger on the screen you will achieve the pinch effect.

PM me if you need more assistance.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
WebOS Games Manager ('wgames' in repo)
when i put wgames in the repo it dont shows up , any sugestions?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@pedrovskii

in x-terminal :
apt-get update
apt-get install wgames

this should work :P
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by pedrovskii View Post
WebOS Games Manager ('wgames' in repo)
when i put wgames in the repo it dont shows up , any sugestions?
Have you got extras testing (or devel) repo enabled?
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
Hello guys,
I've collected all the ini.files, hacks and images on this thread and I made this pack, with this pack we have a total of 71 WebOs games.

Here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?knxd7aj70oxgoc4

Credit goes to everyone that contributed!!!

I hope you enjoy
B-runo
Hi,
Below is the .ini file for Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I didn't have time to take screen shot yet. But this should be enough for you to install the game

[Info]
Title=Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Description="Tiger Woods PGA Tour."
Genre=Sport Simulator
PreviewImage=tigerwood.png
IPK_Name=com.ea.app.tw09_*_all.ipk
Space_Required=300
ID="com.ea.app.tw09"
URL=
Notes="Needs latest libsdlpre.so to run properly, Missing textures on golfer"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantruchd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Hello guys!
I like to play on N900, I've played through NOVA, NFSUC. But I would like to move on.
I use this frameapp, WebOS games, to manage them. Postinstall scripts fail, I use scripts from maemoworld.ru. They worked with Assasinscreed and NOVA.
Bu I'm unable to install driver or Earthworm Jim. Install goes on forever, app extracts but nothing else. I've use the 49games hack until today, now I have the 71games hack. But then? Why can't I install it?
And also, if I install it from DEB package, it works well, but doesn't use the keyboard, even if I run the script.
I would like one of these two solutions:
1 other libsdlpre.so, still playable NOVA, and playable EW JIM.
2 install the game via wgames.

I'm looking forward to your reply guys!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
All what you need is in the wiki @_@
http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ
good hack

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
But the original libsdlpre.so is not available...
Any mirrors for that?
http://members.cox.net/jflatt/libsdlpre.so
this is not working, where can I find the latest version?

Tags
easy to manage, games, lame idea, preenv, runs crappy