Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I jus gave pierogi another shot and my crappy Daewo works with it. Splendid
Cool! (Was this the same Daewoo that I just never could find a keyset for? Might have been a bug in one of the existing keysets that eventually got fixed...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Would it be possible to save keysets as "Favorites" with editable names?
Yes, I think this would be very doable, with the caveat that I really haven't stopped messing around with the keyset structures yet. So, for example, what was Philips TV Keyset 1b in version 1.0 might end up being split into Philips TV Keysets 1b and 1c in version 1.1, or possibly even get merged back into keyset 1. I'm still trying to reorganize the keysets as efficiently as possible under the hood, so it's hard to perfectly maintain keyset labels across releases.

Still, that's no excuse not to have keyset labels, just a warning that what you labeled last week might not exist next week. Let me see how much work it would take to add it in...

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
for some reason I have to be very close to the box for it to work with the current version. It used to work at a further distance. I am using the motorolla stb settings

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
for some reason I have to be very close to the box for it to work with the current version. It used to work at a further distance. I am using the motorolla stb settings
Interesting! Is this only with the Motorola set top box, or is this a problem with all devices? There's been a similar on-going problem with Sony TVs; I'm almost certain it has to be a problem with the IR protocol I'm using (as normal universal remotes work just fine with Sony TVs, so far as I know), but I haven't been able to pin down exactly what is going on.

Can you tell me the model name of the set top box? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Cool! (Was this the same Daewoo that I just never could find a keyset for? Might have been a bug in one of the existing keysets that eventually got fixed...)
it's tv keyset 5 that works

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
it's tv keyset 5 that works
Ah, that one is using a protocol called "Proton" (and so far is the only keyset I've found using it. ) I'm not even sure where I found that info. Actually, Proton is a fairly nice little protocol -- it's a very stripped-down version of the ever-popular NEC protocol, and as such was pretty easy to implement...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Sorry about disappearing for something like half a year. I'm trying to work my way back to a normal life again, including getting some more work done on Pierogi. I don't know if I'll be able to spend quite as much time on it as I did before, but we'll see...

Please give me a holler for any Pierogi issues that need an immediate fix. Thanks!
Hey nice to see you back again.

Other than the recently reported "/dev/lirc0" issue posted by DAZYD2F there has been no reported issues here.

I have had no issues with the latest Devel version.

I have been keeping on top of the request wiki, you will probably notice it's increased in size a fair bit.

Will be nice to see updates for Pierogi again

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Request for new IR Remote:
please add remote for Strong sattelite reciever (SRT 4622XII)
Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to Pierogi work! I've checked into the Strong satellite receivers, and I've found half a dozen different keyset config files, no two of which match each other. I'll throw a few of these in, but I'm not going to make any guarantees that any of them will work...

I realize this message is several months old, but let me answer it anyway:

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I was wondering if you can add fully working remote set for Toshiba MW20FP3 television set. Current Toshiba code works partially. But the "Menu" is not working with the existing remote. So I am not being able to search for channel (I don't have the original remote).
I'll take a look around; I should be able to find something for it. Toshiba products are fairly well represented in the various universal remote sites.

Btw there is a website of a remote control app for symbian device and that app use their own format for the remote control code: http://irremote.psiloc.com/Show.aspx?d=TV
Actually, I've decided not to retrieve any keyset data from the Psiloc irRemote website. I'm not entirely certain what their exact policy is on the use of config files downloaded from their site, but they certainly don't seem to be interested in free and open source software. (Even though, if you look at the format used by their config files, it's pretty obvious that it's been ripped straight out of the LIRC project. I'll bet they're even running the LIRC server inside their program...)

In any case, I suspect most of the available keyset data out there has already made its way into either the public LIRC project, or into the massive database of JP1 config files at the www.hifi-remote.com website. I doubt I'm missing much by excluding the Psiloc data.

(However, let me note that the QtIrreco project is itself built on top of the LIRC server, so Psiloc config files could be used with that project with only minimal reformatting, if you'd like to give it a try.)

I believe that can be converted to the file required by your app. So if you can provide a short tutorial on how to convert that format to your format then people can get codes for their own device themself.
This is, unfortunately, a bit of a problem. I really only started the Pierogi project for my own personal use, to let me play around with keyset data and try to merge commands for many different products into a smaller number of super-keysets. As such, I've not really bothered trying to create a user-friendly keyset management scheme; I've really just been hard-coding all the data directly into my source files. This does have the beneficial effect of allowing a lot of keyset data to be stored in a very small amount of space (which is, indeed, very good for a mobile machine; I'd love to see how much space the Psiloc program would take up if they tried to load every single one of their config files at the same time). But yeah, it doesn't make adding new keyset data easy for anybody who hasn't had their nose deep in the code for a while.

Honestly, I have to say I probably won't be changing this any time soon; I'm still having too much fun messing around with keyset data and trying to merge similar command sets together. Pierogi really is a different kind of beast than QtIrreco, irRemote, or any of the other LIRC-inspired (or -derived) IR programs; where they have focussed on flexibility, I'm concentrating more on size and efficiency. Anway, that's my excuse.

Originally Posted by davdav View Post
i suggest to attach the arrows to the program such as the up key = channel up and the down key = channel down and right and left for volume
Many remote controls do overload the arrow keys with the channel and volume controls; where this is the case, Pierogi does indeed support using both the channel/volume controls for cursor movement and the arrow keys for channel/volume control. Otherwise, though, I'll prefer to keep them separate; even if we're talking about a device that, say, has channel controls but doesn't support arrow keys, I'd prefer to avoid repurposing the Pierogi arrows for channel control. For now, I'd like to have the Pierogi keys match the original remote keys as closely as possible...

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control