Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
I can confirm that experimental Triax panel is not working with Triax SR110 device. I could't resist to scan it with all availible panels, one of them (not sure which one, they do go very fast) switch channel, second put it into service mode :-))

It is deadly feature that scanning proces, imagine Your self "in wild" passing slowly wall of TV's in big warehouse with Auto Scan on.

Like Estel pointed out before, it would be nice to have some kind of "Stop When Paired" option. Or maybe at least possibility to set time of switching betwen pannels during scan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
I can confirm that experimental Triax panel is not working with Triax SR110 device.
Drat, sorry. I thought I was on to something there...

I could't resist to scan it with all availible panels, one of them (not sure which one, they do go very fast) switch channel, second put it into service mode :-))
Yikes! Sorry about that. Yeah, the biggest problem with remote controls these days is that many manufacturers are too lazy to set up their protocols properly; most protocols have a "device code" of some sort to uniquely identify a model of device (even the ancient NEC protocol allows you to choose 65536 different device codes), but manufacturers end up using the same device code for different models, allowing for cross-talk between different remotes. So there will probably never be a "clean" way to scan for any given key. Please be careful when using this!

Like Estel pointed out before, it would be nice to have some kind of "Stop When Paired" option.
Ah, unfortunately, there's no good way for the N900 to actually know when an IR command has actually triggered some external device. I'm really relying on the user to hit the pause button when something happens here.

Or maybe at least possibility to set time of switching betwen pannels during scan.
Actually, you don't have to use the automated scan at all; the first row of four buttons lets you do a "manual" search -- you can step one at a time through the list with the "next" and "prev" buttons, and move quickly through the list with the "fast forward" and "reverse" buttons. They generate "Power" commands in exactly the same way as the automated search does, but only run for as long as you hold down the button. (And, in fact, you can pause an automated search in the middle and switch to the manual buttons to find a particular keyset with precision...)

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-09-08 at 02:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
BTW, let me give a big thank you to Sixwheeledbeast for the latest updates and improvements to the Device Compatibility Page. The page continues to be easier to use each time he touches it. Everyone, if you have a device that works with Pierogi, please do add it to the list on that page; those editions do eventually get added in to Pierogi, thus improving and expanding its list of known devices. Thanks!

Why, thank you.

Just done another update, to help explain how to add compatible keysets to the wiki for those who are unsure.

IMO for maximum data capture a link to...

http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device...atible_Devices

...should be added to Pierogi some how (menubar?).
Now I have completed instructions of how to edit that section of the page.

From looking at the wiki logs about half of the data is from none garage members. This is true more so for compatible keysets.

I think a link to here would help many add there compatible's easily.
Unless there is another easy "in-app" way of collecting this data?

FYI liking the new layout for the scan panel although I am still getting trouble pausing and resuming the scan.
When this happens reverse and fast fwd also stop functioning.
If I can provide any more data I will using the latest 1.1.10 with the triax update.

Edit:-
It seems to be pressing the top four buttons while scanning kills the auto-scan feature.

As previously mentioned it's hard to get debug info.
/opt/pierogi/bin/pierogi
Spits out boxes in app with rubbish like
Code:
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy::yyy Done

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-09-08 at 10:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
IMO for maximum data capture a link to...

http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device...atible_Devices

...should be added to Pierogi some how (menubar?).
Hmm. Yeah, something on the menubar seems easiest. Certainly, I can add it to the About or Documentation pages instantly (although I've got so much work to do on the documentation now, I'm kind of scared to even touch it). But it'd be interesting to try and fit the link somewhere on the Edit Keyset dialog (along with the device info known for that keyset). I will take a look.

Unless there is another easy "in-app" way of collecting this data?
Hmm. The only things I could think of off the top of my head all involve Pierogi making a call to an external server, and QtIrreco has shown me the dangers of that. But I should at least allow the user to add their own data for themselves. I need to do some more thinking here as well.

FYI liking the new layout for the scan panel although I am still getting trouble pausing and resuming the scan.
When this happens reverse and fast fwd also stop functioning.
If I can provide any more data I will using the latest 1.1.10 with the triax update.

Edit:-
It seems to be pressing the top four buttons while scanning kills the auto-scan feature.
Drat, you're right. The manual keys apparently aren't checking whether an automated scan is in progress, even though I set them up to work with an automated scan that is paused. (And I keep pushing up code without doing enough testing... )

As previously mentioned it's hard to get debug info.
/opt/pierogi/bin/pierogi
Spits out boxes in app with rubbish
Yeah, I've not yet figured out why my exception handler keeps losing all of its string data, gotta get that fixed too.

I'll get some more fixes up asap. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
And I keep pushing up code without doing enough testing... )
Relax, it is devel after all.
It's not a problem for me keeping version 1.1.5 on my stable device and updating to test the latest on my testing device.

I am sure the community wouldn't mind if you, tested and consolidated your updates over a longer period; if you wish.

I got up this morning and you had released two versions while I was a sleep! Good Morning BTW.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by galeark View Post
Is it possible to add a panel for qwerty keyboard in Samsung Tv keyset 2a?
I need it for Samsung SmartTv UE32ES6800
Hey, an update on this: TMO user Zifis has just reported that he got bluemaemo working with his own Series 6 Samsung TV, so it should work with yours as well!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Tx for the info!
I already managed to solve through bluemaemo, but it only works as bluetooth mouse, while keyborad isn't working
I'll ask Zifis how he solved

Originally Posted by galeark View Post
Tx for the info!
I already managed to solve through bluemaemo, but it only works as bluetooth mouse, while keyborad isn't working
I'll ask Zifis how he solved
More embarrassment to report here: I was looking through the ES6800 manual again, and finally did find a section where it talks about using keyboards and mice. (I don't know why I couldn't find it before.) But get this -- it apparently supports both bluetooth keyboards and mice, as well as USB keyboards and mice. So a $5 usb keyboard might just work fine.

Apparently, you can adjust the keyboard settings by going to "Menu->System->Device Manager" on the TV. (This might help getting the bluetooth keyboard working as well...)

Edit: Ah, the difference is that I'm looking at the manual for the 40 inch ES6800, not the 32 inch one. Hopefully, all the functionality in the 40 inch TV is also available in the 32 inch one...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-09-09 at 13:13.

Hi thanks for this great app
I have an old crown mustang tv and tried several set of your app to if anyone could work with no succes. can you ad any set for it? thanks

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
I have an old crown mustang tv and tried several set of your app to if anyone could work with no succes. can you ad any set for it?
This is another tough one! I'm finding almost nothing; I have found one LIRC file for a "Crown" TV, so I'll add that one in. That file is using a pretty standard RC5 command set; you might try using the Philips TV Keyset 1 and see if any of the keys work. Odds are, though, that I'm not going to find a good keyset for this one...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control