Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Actually, I was looking into this for my N810:

Wolvering 80gb

It's a battery-powered hard drive meant for backing up digital camera's while out on a shoot so you can clear your cards. So it functions as an 8-in-one card reader AND a hard drive and from what I've read so far it shouldn't draw power from the USB connection.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
Actually, I was looking into this for my N810:

It's a battery-powered hard drive meant for backing up digital camera's while out on a shoot so you can clear your cards. So it functions as an 8-in-one card reader AND a hard drive and from what I've read so far it shouldn't draw power from the USB connection.
I just connected my vosonic x drive VP6210 (pretty much the same as the wolverine) directly to my N800 in host mode and i get "unable to connect, no file system available". So it seems like the USB connection is drawing current. I don't have a powered USB hub to see if that will get it to work. If I find a powered USB hub I'll let you know.

For anyone looking at nabbing a 16GB, you might wanna consider a 32GB for $119... If I hadn't bought one already, I would go for it. (I might anyway...)