Active Topics

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
looks like the below US$50 card is back:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...nd&Order=PRICE

(dunno for how long)

:-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linux_author For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Thanks for the info. Problem: I have recently bought quite some toys, felt a little bit guilty. I will sleep on it for 12 hrs and see...., may be the sale is over by then or OOS? let me think about it for awhile. I will upgrade my 8G to a 16G so that I can surf the web better, and find better deal for my honey, and get her more informed,....., I think I am upgrading for the family's good, should NOT be that guilty. Ummmmmm.....

bun

The first card is only 40X. The second is made for Asus eee PC. Does it work with NIT?

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
The first card is only 40X. The second is made for Asus eee PC. Does it work with NIT?
The link is poorly chosen. The first card is a CompactFlash memory card. The "Asus EEE" card claims to be SDHC, which means it should work in any SDHC device.

Originally Posted by ace View Post
The link is poorly chosen. The first card is a CompactFlash memory card. The "Asus EEE" card claims to be SDHC, which means it should work in any SDHC device.
this should be better (although i assumed one could sort out the products in the list, which is sorted by price):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211300

(and yes, the card works in the NIT)

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I remember you made the prediction some time back that the $ for 16G will be under $50 in a yr and here we go, you got it right. At the same time, I was thinking other mass storage. USB HD is now $99 for 750G or $129 for 1TG which compared handsomely to the $ of 2 SD cards, 1 TG or 32G, almost the same $, HA. I know, one is portable, the other is luggable. To upgrade my current system, from 16G to 32G (2X8G to 2X16G) for $112 vs $129 for a TG USB HD. I need to do some thinking. Does the current drawn from the host goes up with the HD capacity, or, has anybody experience problems with a large capacity HD (500G or larger) on the NIT? If I am going to plug down a $100+ for upgrade, I am thinking a little bit for long term.

Oh well, too early in the morning, good to hear from you again, linux_author,

Edit: $ I quoted is something I came across in the last week or two. The cheapest I can find today is about $99 for 500G USB HD, roughly equal to $ for 2X16G SD and $170 shipped usb 1 TB, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822204068. I know, there is the g force, stability of SD vs physical HD so on so forth. Just a thought.
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-30 at 12:44.

Really wish they shipped internationally....

Australia is a great country, but it's at the ***-end of current tech prices.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Does the current drawn from the host goes up with the HD capacity, or, has anybody experience problems with a large capacity HD (500G or larger) on the NIT? If I am going to plug down a $100+ for upgrade, I am thinking a little bit for long term.
bun
500/750/1TB USB HD will most certainly be 3.5" form factor with external power required... (alas, even w/the new low-power 2.5" HDs, external power is required and/or via powered hub on the NIT)... i really like my Toshiba 320GB USB HD (at US$119 right now from various vendors)...

i'm waiting for the jump to SSD HDs... they'll be fun to watch here under 'Deals & Promos'...

:-)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Any word on the 16GB Micro-SDHC cards, I thought they were supposed to be coming out in June, but I have not seen any yet?

I guess there is still a few hours left
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by jcbray View Post
Really wish they shipped internationally....

Australia is a great country, but it's at the ***-end of current tech prices.
MSY has a 16 for AU$75, and there's always companies like priceusa.com.au...