Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Two threads with identical titles and first posts merged. blublub, do not create multiple threads for issues. Thank you.

i tried it but i get the messages

mv: cannot rename ` .mozilla`: directory not empty

mv: cannot rename ` .mozilla`:no such file or directory

did i something wrong? i checked now and i haven`t got eny add-ons for the browser now besides the "sign in on ovi automaticly by nokia" which i just deactivated.

btw. the browser with which i was able to enter the store is tear, but i can`t download enything with it, i just get to download oder open a link which i can`t use, because it contains the "?" symbol. and the phone sais the link can`t contain that.

Last edited by blublub; 2010-01-15 at 19:54.

ok, i just got into the store after pushing the remove button at the hide user agent. So if i want to surf safe i can`t visit the store?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Not sure exactly what you've done there - mv shouldn't produce that error. Can you run:
Code:
ls -ld .mozilla*
You won't have any addons at the moment as they're all within the .mozilla directory which you've renamed. Does the browser work at all at the moment though?

Originally Posted by blublub View Post
ok, i just got into the store after pushing the remove button at the hide user agent. So if i want to surf safe i can`t visit the store?
The store uses the user agent to check what device you're connecting with, so unless there's a way to set the user agent on a per-URL basis then you're out of luck.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Not sure exactly what you've done there - mv shouldn't produce that error. Can you run:
Code:
ls -ld .mozilla*
You won't have any addons at the moment as they're all within the .mozilla directory which you've renamed. Does the browser work at all at the moment though?

if i enter that i get:

drwx------ 7 user users 4096 jan 16 10:33 .mozi
lla
drwx------ 9 user users 4096 jan 15 20:48 .mozi
lla.bak
drwx------ 5 user users 4096 jan 15 20:49 .mozi
lla.bak

did you tried apt-get dist-upgrate?

what does this command line do?

That's very odd - you look to have two directories with the same name, which shouldn't be possible. Are you sure that's exactly what was output?

yes, this ist what i got.

I have to mention that sometimes if i surf my mmc to find some files it can happen that all the folders in the root directory are duplicated. but only in the viewwindow, but not when i`m opening it on pc.

Tags
browser user agent, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, microb, n900, ovi store, user agent, user agent string