Notices

I am glad to announce
Destroid.
A shoot'em all game I developed.
Version: 1.0.2

Description:
Blast as many astroids as you can to get the best highscore.
You can stir the space ship and shoot with the accelerometer and an on-screen joystick.

Download:
You can download from extras-devel (Just make sure it's this destroid_1.0.2-2_all.deb (v-1.0.2-2)) or install manually by the How To Install and one of the links.
v1.0.2 http://www.mediafire.com/file/npv9pi....2-1_armel.deb
v1.0.1 http://www.mediafire.com/file/337ghb....1-1_armel.deb
v1.0.0 http://www.mediafire.com/?615640z2picr06c

***NOTE*** if you are updating, highscores will be deleted.
In order to keep them do the following before updating:
1. open maemo's terminal.
2. type "cp /home/opt/destroid/files/hs.db /home/user/MyDocs"
3. go to maemo app manager and uninstall destroid v1.0.0
4. install destroid (as explained in How To Install section)
5. go to maemo terminal and type "sudo mv /home/user/MyDocs/hs.db /home/opt/destroid/files"
DONE.

Screenshots:

How To Install:
VERY EASY, like any other pakage.
1. Make sure you have installed: "python2.5", "python-pygame". If not, install them (be root in X Terminal "apt-get install python2.5" and "apt-get install python-pygame").
2. Install destroid package ("destroid_1.0.2-1_armel.deb") by dpkg or by maemo app manager (open maemo file manager, navigate to the destroid package, click on it, the maemo app manager will be opened check the "I Understand And Agree" and press the continue button).

If you are having a dependencies problem with libsdl-ttf.2.0 take a look at here.

Tips:
1. When you play you will probably notice a little button with a N900 surrounded by circles. when you press on it, it will adjust the accelerometer to this position, so that you can play whenever you are standing, sitting, lying etc.

New Features:
A minimize button added. Now you can minimize the game by pressing that button.
Improved joystick movement.

Enjoy!

Last edited by destroid; 2010-08-16 at 19:36.

The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to destroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Great... will test and let you know! Thanks!

EDIT: Tried looking for it in extras-devel... Could not find it. Which repo can I find it in?

Last edited by navsin; 2010-07-20 at 20:08.

There is a link in the main post.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
WOW... just... WOW! This is one of the most impressive non-PC-port/non-emulation game for the N900. It may not have hyper-3D graphics or anything but even though it has "only" 2D graphics they are really good. And the best thing of this game in my opinion lays in controls. It's really easy and fun to steer the ship with accelerometer and shoot with the on-screen joystick (or other way around) and it doesn't need the keyboard at all (and don't take me wrong, I think the keyboard is really nice way to play games and is one of the strong points of N90 gaming but this game actually feels like it's made for a touch-screen device)! The gameplay is pretty fun and the game fits perfectly for time-filling purposes and for longer sessions too. The only thing it really misses is a soundtrack. Something pretty fast-paced "puzzle music" would really add for the gaming experience. Then theres also a bug with the joystick wich altough is working pretty well already gets stuck at the sides when its pulled as much as it's possible and then tryed to move sideways. I would recommend everyone to at least test this game out! (and btw could this be added to Extras-Devel?)

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
This game is great!
Love to play without using keyboard
But when I get an incoming call it doesn't pauses
Can you fix it?

game crash after pygames window start...any idea?

Looks good, should upload to the repositories to generate more exposure to the game.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by destroid View Post
2. Install destroid package ("destroid_1.0.0-1_armel.deb") by dpkg
Thanks a lot!

This looks very very good. Yeah! Please try to manage to get it in maemo extras.

At example with this tool to get something compatible to the maemo autobuilder:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Py2deb (don't forget to solve the Bugfix issue explained at this page)

More info about uploading: http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras-devel

And here the page where you can upload (as soon as you have a account prepared for uploading)
https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assistant/index.php

nice game, i too recommend adding game to repo. propa on the joystick feature

game crash after pygames window start...any idea?
please make sure python2.5 and python2.5-pygame are installed by:
1.open the maemo terminal and run "dpkg --get-selections | grep python2.5" the result should be "python2.5 install" (and other applicationssuch as "python2.5-qt4 install" etc)
2. run "dpkg --get-selections | grep python-pygame" the result should be "python-pygame install"
if there are no results than the package isn't installed

Now, to install the them: 1. open the terminal and get root (install rootsh and type "sudo gainroot")
2. type "apt-get install python2.5"
3. type "apt-get install python-pygame"
4. install destroid package as described in the main post->How To Install->step 2

Hope that helped!

Thank you for the feedbacks!
If you like the game please vote for it in the N900 Coding Competition!!!!

Last edited by destroid; 2010-07-21 at 20:47.