Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Matthaus View Post
And can someone remind me where I can check root space? Jan was a long time ago thanks
Try
Code:
df
in terminal

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by alinoor View Post
hi
while updating my 203 uk generic n900 OTA, I got an error "operation failed" while the update was downloading to the device...it appeared for a while n then dissappeared. The download finished and then it started updating and the rest of the update process went smoothly. I had 60 mb free space on rootfs, I had disabled extra, extra devel and my maemo repo too jst incase. Now my qs is why did it give me tht error? and do i need to worry?
There were reports of this from other users when PR1.1.1 was originally made available - it doesn't seem to cause any issues though, so I wouldn't worry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
First thing I`ve done was to flash my phone to the global firmware.....like I knew that I would have problems with the UK one!ehehe

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
might as well repost - to save some terminal commands the healthcheck app - recently in downloads will show you your rootfs free space and current firmware version (+ generic name, like PR1.1 or PR1.1.1)

Slightly biased as its my app - but fits the circumstances
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
I had problems updating (it told me I had to do it via the PC suite). I fixed it by removing the "libgles1-sgx-img" package, then I could upgrade over-the-air.

The Following User Says Thank You to cpm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
well all this has just got me totaly confused?
ive been running 3.2010.02-8 for the past month
is this the same as 3.2010.02-8.203?
im on voda uk

Originally Posted by barrieluv View Post
No update for me either. London based sim-free device on O2.
have run apt-get clean autoclean autoremove update, plenty of room on rootfs.
Currently using 2.2009.51-1.205.1
My Nokia System Software Updates repo address is https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/205

Can someone confirm this as correct? New to Nokia/n900, Linux user since 2004?

TIA
Looks like you have the repo for the Vodafone image. I have O2 and mine was direct from nokia, my repo is similar but not the same:
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/203

Check your current product version first though!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
im on voda uk
this thread is about 3.2010.02-8.203 he made typo in title
if you was already running this update on UK model then you probably have global version flashed on device allowing the update b/c it was only released for UK and vodafone UK today

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
im on voda uk
Yes - you're using the global variant rather than either of the UK-specific variants though. It's just the UK generic variant that has (finally) had the update released.

Originally Posted by barrieluv View Post
New unit, sealed from Amazon. Possibly an unwanted upgrade. I'll wait for Vodafone to push their update out.
Thank you.
If this wasn't a branded vodafone unit then I would consider debranding and putting it on the generic UK image. Vodafone tend to customise their images and the like so you might find unwanted crap further down the line. If you backup and then flash to the generic uk image (203) then you should pickup the update as well.