Notices

Just checkingn to see if there is any change on this. HELLO EVERYONE!!

yes,gtalk on N900 can transfer files to someone else.

Originally Posted by harry View Post
yes,gtalk on N900 can transfer files to someone else.
i am using Google talk and there are no options or drop down menus for transferring anything. any help with this?

No developers has not managed to implement this yet? It would be so usefull to send and receive files with my chat contacts...
The "file transfers" app in the extra-devel is exactly what i need, pity that it doesnt work

Have you ever wonder if your friends want to share something (ex. Picture or Music) with you via 'Skype' or other IM chats services, what would you do?

Question: Is there a way to send or receive the files via IM chats services (ex. Skype, Google Chat, and MSN) ?

note** by not using the program called 'aMsn'

Last edited by allz; 2010-04-25 at 17:56.

thats what I'm waiting for...they had this file transfer app...but it doesn't work...I'm hoping they can either fix the existing app or develop a new one. Thats one of the things I liked in the palm pre

I love the built in IM client in n900 but being able to transfer files within it would be ideal! Let's hope it comes out soon

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Is it possible to send or receive 'Files' via IM chats services on N900?" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

Not that I know, but on Skype, am unable to recieve files. I get notification that someone is sending me a file when I "accept", I do not get an option to save file nor do I get a dialogue box saying it's downloading... nothing happens after that. Has anyone tried in any other IMs?

any update on this please.... file transfer is looking for contacts forever :-(

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
There was update of the app today, but still not working for me.