Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by shadowz1337 View Post
hey guys, a quick question. I've overclocked my N900 several times before so this aint new to me, but i've never tried to use different voltage profiles before, like the lv, ulv etc......

so today i set to the LV profile, and set the limit range from 250~850 (following the instructions in Jakiman's guide).

After a reboot, all works well but my frequency is shown to be at 850Mhz........is that suppose to be right?? I thought it should be at 250Mhz and only go up to 850 if it is running processes or in high usage?? But i wasn't running anything and it's already set at 850Mhz......i can of course still set it to a lower frequency but i was wondering if this actually locks your phone to the max frequency?? If yes, then that's kinda no point for this??

I also tried to set the range from 250~300 and after a reboot, my frequency clock is at 300, so that sorta proved my comment above........is this suppose to be right?
If you run Conky or htop, what processes are on the top and which percentage do they have? Something is probably using your CPU...

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
PR 1.3 is out - @titan: will there be something new?

Is the kernel broken after PR 1.3? I have titans kernel and all the xterminal commands I put in come back with an error

so i have updated with PR1.3 and reinstalled the power kernel and every time i try to key in command line for custom kernel for example "sudo kernerl-config limits 250 850" phone responds with asking for a password, i havent put on any passwords for the device, i dont know what password its asking for. I DONT HAVE A PASSWORD!! LOL

Originally Posted by bulelet View Post
so i have updated with PR1.3 and reinstalled the power kernel and every time i try to key in command line for custom kernel for example "sudo kernerl-config limits 250 850" phone responds with asking for a password, i havent put on any passwords for the device, i dont know what password its asking for. I DONT HAVE A PASSWORD!! LOL
I have the exact same issue, except half of my widgets don't show up and I can't change the theme. Help?

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
PR 1.3 is out - @titan: will there be something new?
I'll add the bugfixes from the new PR1.3 kernel to the power kernel in the next few days.
None of them seem to be critical so it should be safe to continue using power37 on PR1.3.
Just make sure to reinstall kernel-power after the PR1.3 upgrade
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
@bulelet:
it's "sudo kernel-config", not kernerl (an Austrian word...).

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I'll add the bugfixes from the new PR1.3 kernel to the power kernel in the next few days.
None of them seem to be critical so it should be safe to continue using power37 on PR1.3.
Code:
sudo gainroot
@bulelet:
Will it be the same commands to OC? I have desktop command widgets set up to different frequencies to OC with one click, will they need adjusting?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
I'm running the code to reinstall and get 'reinstallation of kernel-power is not possible,it cannot be downloaded'

Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

I didn't attempt any uninstall beforehand, just left as-is.

Last edited by Sphinx780; 2010-10-25 at 22:03.

Originally Posted by titan View Post
Code:
sudo gainroot
@bulelet:
I uninstalled and then installed, and now I'm having a bunch of issues (posted above). What should I do?

Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I uninstalled and then installed, and now I'm having a bunch of issues (posted above). What should I do?
Sudo won't work use "/usr/sbin/kernel-config" instead of sudo. Also don't just go "root" from xterminal on first opening use sudo gainroot.

Don't ask me why the above works, it just does. My N900 is running at 1000 MHz quiten happily with what we are calling PR 1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom