m tired of waiting

i want to report a bug in the 1.3 firmware.

the music player shows the song time wrong

it also has another bug, it shows crappy music song titles. hahaha jk

The Following User Says Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
But thats not PR1.3?! its a leaked early version lol!!!

Lols. Bugrtrackers, keeping up here? we need a new bug tracker for each leaked release pleeeeeeeeeeease hehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
But thats not PR1.3?! its a leaked early version lol!!!

Lols. Bugrtrackers, keeping up here? we need a new bug tracker for each leaked release pleeeeeeeeeeease hehe
Chuck Norris would close all bug reports with a status of 'VIOLENCE'. And they would be fixed because Chuck Norris solves all his problems with violence.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Chuck Norris would close all bug reports with a status of 'VIOLENCE'. And they would be fixed because Chuck Norris solves all his problems with violence.
Violence doesnt solve anything....

It solves everything (in Chucks world only )

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I have it installed. I was particularly interested in performance improvements and wanted to test if there is vsync or not. Almost all the differences mentioned by maemofanatics.com are not present. Let me comment only about the changes that are present in leaked WK36 firmware:
- You can start a sentece with lowercase.
- Image browser is a little faster. Nothing spectacular, only a little improvement and it is still choppy for my taste.
- The firmware references fremantle-1.3 repositories and some stuff is not online yet. You cannot install libgles1-sgx-img (>= 0.20090218.51+0m5) for example. Many OpenGL ES based apps cannot be installed for that reason.

And for the biggest disapointment: it lacks vsync. The tearing is still noticable even on desktop during scrolling. But the tearing is very much limited. Some apps stopped having tearing at all but at the cost of performance. For example Bounce does not have tearing now but is a little choppy. Others (like Opera Mobile) have tearing limited but noticeable performance decrease.

I hoped to test CloudGPS with this new drivers but I cannot get it to run because of libgles1 dependency. I managed to compare the results of tearing tests that can be found here. There is visibly far less tearing (almost none compared to PR1.2) but performance is noticably worse. Flashing back to PR1.2 and advise everybody not to bother with this leak.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
You don't want to value your N900, that's fine, but please don't try to look like a bug tracker!
THIS IS NOT PR 1.3! REPEAT AFTER ME! THIS IS NOT PR 1.3!
Keep repeating, until you are sure you've understood what you have installed is not PR 1.3!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I have it installed. I was particularly interested in performance improvements and wanted to test if there is vsync or not. Almost all the differences mentioned by maemofanatics.com are not present. Let me comment only about the changes that are present in leaked WK36 firmware:
- You can start a sentece with lowercase.
- Image browser is a little faster. Nothing spectacular, only a little improvement and it is still choppy for my taste.
- The firmware references fremantle-1.3 repositories and some stuff is not online yet. You cannot install libgles1-sgx-img (>= 0.20090218.51+0m5) for example. Many OpenGL ES based apps cannot be installed for that reason.

And for the biggest disapointment: it lacks vsync. The tearing is still noticable even on desktop during scrolling. But the tearing is very much limited. Some apps stopped having tearing at all but at the cost of performance. For example Bounce does not have tearing now but is a little choppy. Others (like Opera Mobile) have tearing limited but noticeable performance decrease.

I hoped to test CloudGPS with this new drivers but I cannot get it to run because of libgles1 dependency. I managed to compare the results of tearing tests that can be found here. There is visibly far less tearing (almost none compared to PR1.2) but performance is noticably worse. Flashing back to PR1.2 and advise everybody not to bother with this leak.
Thanks again.

I'm curious about something. Can the status bar menu be activated from a portrait screen like it is from landscape?

(That is, by touching the battery/time/signal icons on the top status bar.)

SLN member # 009

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
You don't want to value your N900, that's fine, but please don't try to look like a bug tracker!
THIS IS NOT PR 1.3! REPEAT AFTER ME! THIS IS NOT PR 1.3!
Keep repeating, until you are sure you've understood what you have installed is not PR 1.3!
What's all this jibber jabber? Clearly it's 1.3! People are saying so! So it must be PR 1.3.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
chuck norris, firmware, pr1.3