Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
So that other ppl can add something
Isn't that what wiki is exactly meant for? Unless you're thinking about fact, that 90% of messaging board users have wiki editing phobia... (wikiphobia? wikeditophobia?)

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
users have wiki editing phobia... (wikiphobia? wikeditophobia?)
This may count as wikieditophobia but I would give marmistrz that:
1. You need to go through extra hoops to edit the wiki (another account to start with).
2. The UI of all the wikis I've used so far sucks. Not nearly as much as Sharepoint - that's impossible to beat - but they suck never the less. (Caveat: I have not tried editing the Maemo.org wiki yet. No phobia, just no reason yet.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Isn't that what wiki is exactly meant for? Unless you're thinking about fact, that 90% of messaging board users have wiki editing phobia... (wikiphobia? wikeditophobia?)

/Estel
All wikis has a discussiongroup. Where the contents of each page is discussed, maybe this is the thread for its wikipage. all that is needed is that somebody sorts out the weeds and puts the useful information in the wiki.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
All wikis has a discussiongroup. Where the contents of each page is discussed, maybe this is the thread for its wikipage. all that is needed is that somebody sorts out the weeds and puts the useful information in the wiki.
But a thread gets more attention so it's more probable that someone adds anything. I, for example, wouldn't notice a discussion in the wiki.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
mpd - or is this possible without ED? I've not yet tried ED and my search for mpd has only thrown up clients. But if it's easy with ED, it might push me to installing it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
But a thread gets more attention so it's more probable that someone adds anything. I, for example, wouldn't notice a discussion in the wiki.
Are there any discussion connected to the maemo-wiki? if so, i didnt know that...

What i meant was that a wikipage usually has a link to a maemo-forum thread where the discusion is going on, while usually only one person with engagement about the subject updates the wikipage with information learned from the thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Audacity - for sound manipulation, works pret6ty fast (unless you decide to edit gigabyte-sized files on fly, that make them go into swap...)
audacity always crashes for me when i try to record, is that solved somehow?

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Interesting, any errors in terminal (if you start it from terminal) when it crashes? Are you using full Squeeze image?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Interesting, any errors in terminal (if you start it from terminal) when it crashes? Are you using full Squeeze image?
Well, since it seems to be a unusual problem... Then i think i should just upgrade ED, i have the first version that had soundsupport, so it was probably not so well implemented back then

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
It's an old thread, but better than starting a new one I guess.

I wanted to report my positive experiences using Okular in Easy Debian. Okular is a document viewer that can read pdf, djvu, chm, comic book files, etc.

I didn't expect it to perform well, but I was absolutely wrong. It loads relatively fast, and after loading a document, it's very responsive.

Why okular? For me, for many reasons. But the most important is fully customizable zoom level. In a screen as small as the N900's, every milimeter counts. I used to be very frustrated with evince in Maemo for its inability to set custom zoom. The preset zoom levels were most often too much or too little, making for a bad reading experience. In okular, just click the Zoom button, then draw a rectangle with your stylus for the area of the document you want to occupy the screen, and you are done.

Other of the reasons I like okular is the great customizability. You can set key shortcuts for everything.

And the nifty auto-scroll feature. By default, hold the Shift key and then click the Up or Down keys. Multiple clicks increase or decrease the speed. Stop scrolling by clicking the Shift key once. Resume scrolling by clicking the Shift key again.

I wouldn't call okular "lightweight". If you haven't installed any of the KDE stuff before, expect the install to take around 200MB of disk space. It's worth it though.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post: