Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Guys as you know we all are maemo family and we hav got watever we needed but the incomplete thing i miss here on nokia n900 is a download manager or a download accelerator . some of us not able to get 3G or wiFi so we stick to GPRS and u know how the GPRS sucks. I tried many times to download stuffs but download speed is just 8kb/s 6kb/s or sometimes 12kb/s so plz plz somebody focus at my post here plz. this will give us our life again to use maemo

(this is first time im posting. so thanks for all developers and guys who tries to help maemo users)

thank you in advance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
there was a linux app running on java. Some people at TMO managed to run it on n900. Search TMO may be you will find it.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-03-06 at 04:04. Reason: typo

thank u for suggestion but im talking abt an native app which can be used like an transmission etc. my request is to build an app which can be compared to internet download manager. u got it right?

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
IIRC axel does just that. split the files and gets it.

http://my-maemo.com/software/applica...to=1876&faq=37

Haven't tried it yet, but my ISP does this kind of throttling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guylhem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
like flashget/getright software ?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
I tried many times to download stuffs but download speed is just 8kb/s 6kb/s or sometimes 12kb/s

....i think you are using AIRTEL network connection.
In india fastest 2G connection is provided by IDEA network about 30kb/s next was VIDEOCON network 20KB/S.....I am a IDEA user & no problem with downloading about 400mb file(3hours) also.so if you use fastest network than no problem during the download
(sorry for bad english)

i think axel cant download files from premium accounts like wupload or 2shared

im using Aircel it has maximum 30kb/s and for 95rs unlimited plan. but since few days the speed is slow and if i connect it to pc via n900 then it giver me 33 to 35kb/s

actually im talking about an app (eg - nvideo - can download the video files. its just an example) or you can refer to internet download manager which is on windows, im trying to say that is we need an application for maemo which can be used for only downloading files. not an x terminal stuff. im convincing you developer guys to build such app. as we know the n900 also known as an mini computer. Download manager would be an great project for maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
im using Aircel it has maximum 30kb/s and for 95rs unlimited plan. but since few days the speed is slow and if i connect it to pc via n900 then it giver me 33 to 35kb/s
ok 30kb/s is accepted speed in 2g.due to network problem your data speed was reduced but it will rectified soon.
iam not tried AXEL,it was usefull?

Tags
spoonfeed me