Notices

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
it's due to encryption. there's no bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Malawi
am in a group where everyone's phone use encryption I never receive any messages. we just hav to wait as he promissed he is working on this.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi guys

My recommendation as of today is DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

The first reason is that it's getting people banned, and that's a pretty good reason to stop using it.

The second reason is that, even if you're not banned, it doesn't really matter much because you won't be able to receive messages from almost anyone, and I expect that Whatsapp deprecates old official versions that do not enforce encryption very soon, probably this week.

Once again: My recommendation as of today is DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

So, what happens now? DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

There's two things that need to be done almost simultaneously, as both changes have taken place in the last official release of Whatsapp.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

First off, it's imperative the implementation of encryption. Without this, we won't ever read anything sent to us and, in a few weeks, nobody won't be able to read us.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

The second big change is that the protocol has changed once again. My guess is that this is the thing that is getting people banned right now. I have sources to help with this and the guys from Chats-API are implementing it too, so this will probably be the easy part.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

When will all of this be ready? I quite don't know, although I expect to push for it during this weekend. Stay tuned just in case, if I get some inspiration we may have something ready next week. Otherwise I may just get fed up will all of this and call it a day.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

Anyway, that's all I can tell for the moment. Sorry about the not so good news.

Once again, because I know some people need to be reminded of silly little things like DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

EDIT: I've pushed a new version to the repos. This package is EMPTY and its purpose is to force users who have installed 2.0.27 to STOP USING YAPPARI. Nothing good can come out of it right now.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Last edited by ceene; 2016-04-15 at 08:51.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
OK - so you are basically saying that we should stop using Yappari?

Just kidding Haven' t started the client since I read your post.
I would rather unsubscribe from Whatsapp though in the current situation and wait until things improve or just forget about Whatsapp and only use Telegram.
Any advise how to unsubscribe without a banning risk?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi again, guys

This is just a heads up that I've been working today on all of this.

I've compiled and packaged for maemo libcurve25519, libaxolotl (it's now called Signal), which is the basis of the encryption protocol. The package for libaxolotl-dev is still defective, but it's basically a non issue that will get resolved when there is something ready to be sent to the autobuilder.

Thanks to these two packages, I've also compiled and packaged coderus' libwa, which I've had to backport to use QT4 instead of QT5.

This library makes use of libaxolotl to manage encryption, so this is the solution to the non-received (in truth non decyphered) messages.

I've already begun porting Yappari to make use of libwa API. First module ported has been Registration, which only by itself is not very useful yet, but is nonetheless required.

These are all huge steps, and the thing looks promising. There are two tasks remaining, which although not extremely hard are quite time consuming.

First task is upgrading the protocol. I've been inspecting S40 source code and I've already upgraded the protocol based on this, but it is yet to be tested. Luckily, Chat-API team is gonna release their update soon, so I'll be able to compare implementations and find bugs before anyone (me, primarly) gets banned.

Second task is finishing the port of Yappari to the new API. This is the thing that will take more time, as there are lots of API calls that need to be modified.

However, if everything progresses fine, I could release incomplete versions with reduced functionality (for example, no group chats), so little by little I could be finishing the port while still releasing useful partial implementations.

Now, please, take all of this with a grain of salt. Latest 48 hours have been intense and I can't promise I'll be able to spend so much energy on this, nor that it will blossom onto something that is useful, stable and safe.

I'll be posting everything I can tell you guys, just so you can know what to expect.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Asunción, Paraguay, South America
Thank you ceene for all your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to sombragris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Yes, thank you very much ceene for all your hard work with Yappari!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2016 @ Caracas
Yo estoy usanso la version 2.0.27 y puedo enviar mensajes y le llegan a mis contactos pero cuando me responden no los recibo

Originally Posted by lordjesus View Post
Yo estoy usanso la version 2.0.27 y puedo enviar mensajes y le llegan a mis contactos pero cuando me responden no los recibo
Please read that ceene's post from previous page.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI. ( NO USE YAPPARI.)
Are you undertanding man? this is the end of long road.

Thank Cenne! Hug for everyone until next time!

Tags
whatsapp, yappari