Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Dark are the ways of Nokia dialog handling

Originally Posted by qole View Post
The dialogs can be made movable, but this shouldn't impact anything else.
Well, I just checked. The matchbox.defs file is the same on both the easy-debian and non-easy-debian partitions. So that ain't it.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
i really wonder how the movable dialogs are done in easy-deb-chroot...

The way i have always done it, is just simply removing every line that handles dialogmode from matchbox.sh

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Easy Debian (technically, this hack is now in the Easy Chroot package) uses Matan's patched matchbox WM (patch, binary, post) along with qwerty12's discovery that setting DIALOGMODE=free in /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs makes the dialogs movable. I wrote a script that toggles between the "normal" Matchbox WM and DIALOGMODE setting, and the Matan/qwerty12 version. But this will be set to "normal" unless the user specifically chooses the "Toggle Movable Windows" icon from their menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Arora is a pretty good browser
And i think it's stupid that some links open in new window instead of a new tab.
In the next version 0.6 links for new windows open in tabs by default and it is configurable.

Originally Posted by DJArty View Post
My Maemo Port of Arora: here
Nice package. If you had to make any patches send them upstream and i'll integrate them with the main Arora source if I can. Same goes for general improvements/feature ideas that would better make it work on these size devices.

-Benjamin Meyer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icefox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ukraine, Kharkiv
Originally Posted by icefox View Post
improvements/feature ideas
Hi Benjamin! Tnx for Arora ) Welcome to the NIT world
Need "Go" button (configurable on/off) for NIT and BB.

Last edited by DJArty; 2009-03-28 at 23:58.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Estonia / Germany / Turkey
I seem to not be able to install this browser. I have the extras-devel repository enabled, but I can't get to the mentioned dependencies. When I close the repository, it says looking for updates, and does not find anything. I checked the installable application lists in the application manager, and none of the named dependencies are in the list.

When I try to install Arora from the .deb , it gives me the application packages missing error message.

As a newbie, I fear the problem lies on my side, but any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Estonia / Germany / Turkey
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Great work but you might want to go ahead and tell everyone you are going to have to do a apt-get -f install for dependences since a lot of people might not know what to do once it fails. Other then that it installed fine. One suggestion since it doesn't have nice scrolling from anywhere on screen is there a way for you to up the size of the scroll bar? I know you can up scroll bar in built in browser using theme didn't know if you could in programming. Keep up the good work.

I think this could help. Could someone tell me how exactly I could do the 'apt-get -f install' ? what exactly do I need to type in the terminal?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
install rootsh so you can type "sudo gainroot" to get superuser access.

when you are in root scheel, just type "apt-get install -f"

This will download and install missing packages if possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:

Tags
arora, browser, web, webkit