Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Estonia / Germany / Turkey
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
install rootsh so you can type "sudo gainroot" to get superuser access.

when you are in root scheel, just type "apt-get install -f"

This will download and install missing packages if possible.
worked like charm! Kiitos, from Estonia!

Has anyone managed to get XSLT pages render properly with Arora? Neither Tear nor Arora renders xslt pages, and I need to open a browser based interface that utilizes SVG , XSLT and AJAX. Is there any method to get XSLT work?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Umm, forgot to tell that xslt is disabled in my libwebkit build

hmm, being mostly oblivious, and a newbie, is there a way that I enable xslt in a libwebkit build, and replace it with the one in my n800?

Sorry, answered in the other thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Sorry, answered in the other thread.
Thanks for the help.

Would the libwebkit build you released in Tear 0.3 post that supports XSLT be usable with Arora, or would arora also need a new build, due to its using QT?

Yes, WebKitGtk and the QT backend are different.

The installation of Arora is outlined quite well in the previous entries of this post, but as a new user, I had had some problems when I tried to install it for the first time. Thanks to the community, I was able to overcome them and finish the install.

I tried to put all those tips together, and wrote this simple guide to take the newbies like me through the installation process. I hope it helps someone. Thanks to everyone for their help and please let me know if I could improve it somehow, and make the installation simpler.

Installation Guide for Arora.

Requirements :

1 - Root Access
2 - Extras Devel Repository
3- Arora Installation File.
4 - Arora Dependencies ( libc6, libgcc1, libqt4-network, libqt4-webkit, libqtcore4, libqtgui4, libstdc++6 )

1- Root Access

In order to have root access easily, download rootsh from this address : http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/rootsh/
Click on click to install icon and open the installation file. It will install rootsh automatically.

2- Extras Devel Repository.
- Type this into the browser, and choose "open" on the pop-up window. http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/qt4-diablo-devel.install
-Alternatively, add the repository manually. to do so Go to "Applications -> Settings -> Application Manager -> *the drop down menu* -> Tools -> Application Catalog...", and create a new catalog with:

Name: maemo Extras Devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Distribution:
Components: free non-free
(thanks to nobodysbusiness)

3- Arora Installation File

Download and save the Arora set up file to a convenient location on the tablet. http://n8xx.com/uploads.php?file=arora_0.5_git20090302_armel.deb"

4- Arora Dependencies

Go to Applications -> Utilities -> X Terminal and get root access. ( in terminal, type "sudo gainroot" without the quotes)
go to the folder you saved the Arora installation file. Once you are in the folder, type "dpkg -i arora_0.5_git20090302_armel.deb"
Terminal would give you an error, saying some packages are missing. After that message, type
"apt-get install -f" in terminal

After this command, the installation for all the dependencies should begin. It will ask you regular installation questions, e.g. do you want to install all XX MB, etc. Just follow a normal installation process.

After the installation is finished, it should ask you in which catalog you want to place Arora. By default, it would be EXTRAS, but you can change it to anywhere you want)

Once all the aforementioned steps are complete, go to applications, Extras (or another place, depending on where you chose to install Arora), fire up the browser and enjoy surfing.

Last edited by kornish; 2009-04-19 at 22:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kornish For This Useful Post:
Hi!
Is this project available on SVN? We made an ARM JIT for webkit, and I want to try it on maemo. I need a qt-webkit browser on maemo to build in the JIT. Arora seems good for me, but I didn't find any SVN repository.
-Tamas

Originally Posted by sztamas View Post
Hi!
Is this project available on SVN? We made an ARM JIT for webkit, and I want to try it on maemo. I need a qt-webkit browser on maemo to build in the JIT. Arora seems good for me, but I didn't find any SVN repository.
-Tamas
hey, about your arm jit, can i have a try? i'm currently working on some stuff on windows ce with webkit. a arm jit would be a lot of help

Tags
arora, browser, web, webkit