Notices

Never mind .. i figured out the issue and fixed it... I am able to see sip on the dialing pad now ...

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
Never mind .. i figured out the issue and fixed it... I am able to see sip on the dialing pad now ...
Glad to hear, so I assume that it is fully working with DC now?

btw What was the problem you ran into?

It was a bug on PR 1.3 where sip config was messed.

Searched on bugs.memo and found a work around to enable SIP to make calls.

But still I cannot make a outbound calls on DC. Please help

Steps i followed.

1. Got registed on sip2sip.info and created a SIP account.
2. Went to Ipkall and got a VOIP number using the sip account.
3. logged into GV and and updated this number.
4. now on my n900 i logged into DC again and updated the call back number.
5. Now on DC when i try to make a outgoing call , my phone is ringing again , when i accept , i hear ringing sound.

So how can i make a local US call ? Could you please help me with what i am missing here ?

When unsure of how things work, I recommend trying them with the GV website first.

It was a bug on PR 1.3 where sip config was messed.

Searched on bugs.memo and found a work around to enable SIP to make calls.

But still I cannot make a outbound calls on DC. Please help

Steps i followed.

1. Got registed on sip2sip.info and created a SIP account.
2. Went to Ipkall and got a VOIP number using the sip account.
3. logged into GV and and updated this number.
4. now on my n900 i logged into DC again and updated the call back number.
5. Now on DC when i try to make a outgoing call , my phone is ringing again , when i accept , i hear ringing sound.

So how can i make a local US call ? Could you please help me with what i am missing here ?
"my phone is ringing again" are you meaning SIP this time instead of Cell? If so that is good. What happens is GV calls you first (the your phone ringing) and then GV needs to call the other end to complete the connection (the ringing sound from the phone app). If I am understanding this correctly this sounds like it is working correctly, just the other side isn't picking up.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Yes You are right , my SIP number rings ( which is my phone) and when i answer the call i hear ringing sound. Do i need to wai until the ringing sond is over.

BTW, i tried to call my desk from DC and the above was happened. But my desk phone never rang. So do i need to wait until all the rings are completed?

NVM .. I used TOR and it works like a Charm ... Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVM .. I used TOR and it works like a Charm ... Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So wait, TOR worked but not DC? And you would hear the ringing on your side but not on the other? Weird....

Yes, So far i didn't try anything else except DC. I thought i will try out in TOR and it worked on the 1st attempt.

This is what happened in both
In DC i logged in and applied all the settings as stated above and when i got a call back i heard only ringing sound but my other phone never rang.

IN TOR, i just installed and logged in ( not applied in any settings like DC) and called the same number, when i picked up the phone i heard only only one ring sound and my desk phone started ringing.

I do not know on DC why i kept hearing the ringing sound but the phone never rang.

Last edited by rrdbala; 2011-06-14 at 20:38.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hi Ed!

Hey, if you ever make another build for DC, could you put back in the CTRL-R to refresh messages?

I mapped my zoom out key to do this with your GTK version a long time ago and I just became used to doing it this way.

God bless.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hi Ed!

Hey, if you ever make another build for DC, could you put back in the CTRL-R to refresh messages?

I mapped my zoom out key to do this with your GTK version a long time ago and I just became used to doing it this way.

God bless.
It should work in the Qt version, so that is a bug. I think I've noticed it before but not too sure why.

I've been meaning to release a Qt and GTK version that can be parallel installed. I'd then release another parallel installable version for QML (for platforms that support it )

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post: