Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I see a new version hit Extras-devel. Eww @ Harmattan and all it implies. If I can't have an N950, Harmattan is dead for me.

But on serious matters - I came to post because you have listed the dependency as pyside-qt - which breaks the package because the actual pyside-qt package name is "pyside-qt4".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
But on serious matters - I came to post because you have listed the dependency as pyside-qt - which breaks the package because the actual pyside-qt package name is "pyside-qt4".
Just got this now when trying to update.

Glad I'm not the only one losing sleep over it

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
hi guys,

how to update sleepanalyser?
if i install pyside-qt4 i still can't update!
pyside-qt is missing!

cheers

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi Guys

Sorry for the breakage!
I didn't realise that the dependencies names are different as well
I will correct it.

Beside of that, please do not use experimental version for normal usage! As the change log sais, things might be broken. Also, there is no reason for you not to use the stable or testing version. Currently the experimental version has no real advantage for you!
So, please don't cry out just because your experimental system is not stable!
Use Extras and extras-testing instead!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure who that was at specifically, but at least for my part, the whole point of crying out is being helpful to the developer (usually - other times people are wrong, and since it's the internet it's my duty to ***** at them until they see the light). In this case, I'm just doing my part as an early tester.

Those who actually want stable software, of course, should use the Extras repository and those who want to contribute to only bug testing should use Extras-Testing at most. I'm on Extras-Devel for a variety of reasons (originally because when I first got the N900 a lot of good software had been lounging in -devel for months, nowadays because I'm willing to risk breakage for helping other devs, and because I maintain N900 packages myself), and am willing to have software packages break everything, especially if I end up helping people at all as a result if I can figure out the bugs' source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Just last week I was happy my last app dropped that bloated pyside lib(set) for pyqt now you do the opposite and switch to it to support that fashion gadget phone...
Pinned sleepanalyzer for now....

(No disrespect implied, just find it an unfortunate decision.)

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-07-14 at 19:11.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Just last week I was happy my last app dropped that bloated pyside lib(set) for pyqt now you do the opposite and switch to it to support that fashion gadget phone...
Pinned sleepanalyzer for now....
You always can stay with the latest working version.
Nobody will force you to upgrade.
And belief me, I also would have preferred PyQt. It took me quite some hours to change it to PySide. But there is no other way as long as there is no PyQt in Meego/Harmattan.

Beside of that, what do you dislike on PySide?
AFAIK it is more or less compatible to PyQt
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
pyside always installs the whole load of pyside libs with over 20MB and almost no apps use it. qnetman was the last and changed to pyqt last week. Now you bring it back. Is there no pyqt for harmattan?

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
pyside always installs the whole load of pyside libs with over 20MB and almost no apps use it. qnetman was the last and changed to pyqt last week. Now you bring it back. Is there no pyqt for harmattan?
There might not be now - honestly, I'm sure someone will port pyqt to Harmattan. There's no way in hell it won't happen unless there's something really stupid in the way Harmattan was designed prevents it.

Well, once there is PyQt for Harmattan, I can switch back. But right now I am not willing to maintain 2 branches just because of the backend.
If you can show me that pyside installs a bigger amount in the rootfs, then we can think about it, but as long it is outside rootfs I dont see a reason not to use it.

Beside of that, pyside actually has the better licence compared to pyqt as it is available under the LGPL.

And another beside:
Just dont use sleepanalyser from the devel tree. The testing tree one still uses pyQt
and more...