Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
..... ....

Last edited by brianez21; 2013-06-15 at 01:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Thanks for your post, a simple guide was badly needed. Could you extend it to the compilation of a simple app, please? Where do I ./configure, make & make install? Thanks

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I've been waiting for such a tutorial for months, nice work brianez21. I suggest you put it in the wiki so that we can all keep it up-to-date.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by 9a6or View Post
I've been waiting for such a tutorial for months, nice work brianez21. I suggest you put it in the wiki so that we can all keep it up-to-date.
yes - add it to the wiki. Isn't there also a wiki at maemo.org?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
Just to add another appreciation:

thanks for this - great work. Can't wait for hints on how to compile!

Fantastic

Many thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to yabbas For This Useful Post:
I would develop more for the N800 IF there was an easy way to get the development environment on my Mac (OS X 10.4.10).
Since there isn't - and no, VMWARE images don't count either, I don't want the overhead added - I guess I'll skip out on this one.

Is there a 64bit version? Or a way to force it to use the 32bit libs? Sorry for the noobish questions but after all, i am a noob

edit: i have found this http://www.rahkonen.org/projects.html
seems like a good place to start.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Thanks for the description, it is helping quite a bit trying to get a development environment set up for the 770 under parallels on my mac. At least I can keep trying under parallels!
I must say though it is almost like they don't want you to write software for this device it is such a pain to install everything, or maybe I expect too much. I know if you want to write stuff for microsoft mobile devices, you download the development tools in a single file, double click it and your done. I guess that is why they have a better reach with unspecial machines.

I think I have scratchbox installed anyway though, so just need the 770 stuff. Is there a simple guide (that actually works, unlike the ones I found) for the 770?

what has to be modified in this tutorial for a N770? from the release notes I would say that http://repository.maemo.org/stable/2.2/ directory should be used, am I correct?

Last edited by i.rachita; 2007-08-12 at 12:45.