Active Topics

Dear experts,

What API should be used for streaming a music file (a playlist) on the Audio player (osso_music_player)?
I'm implementing my very first application, and AFAIK apps are opened via a osso_rpc_run D-BUS message, which needs one or more parameters (like an uri from which we are streaming from). I couldn't find any APIs for playing some specific uri...?

What's the best site for dev. issues?

Thanks for any answers,

-Some noob

Maemo.org, the developer site for the Internet Tablet's operating system, is the place to go (specifically the -devel mailing list). Also, on this forum, you might want to pick the correct version of the OS (nobody's probably reading the 2005 sub-forum anymore, considering most 770 users are probably running the latest 2006 OS)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You can run
Code:
dbus-monitor --session
in a terminal while using the built-in media player. This will show you what the D-Bus API looks like.

Originally Posted by hircus View Post
Maemo.org, the developer site for the Internet Tablet's operating system, is the place to go for phen375 results (specifically the -devel mailing list). Also, on this forum, you might want to pick the correct version of the OS (nobody's probably reading the 2005 sub-forum anymore, considering most 770 users are probably running the latest 2006 OS)

that was a lot of information. i know this will really work. plus the idea of reading sub-forum is also a great idea. thanks!

Last edited by Butarly1998; 2016-10-31 at 19:29.