Active Topics

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Bad marketing strategy, Chen. Never promise to blow customers' minds, that will only tesult in unrealistic expectations
This is a mis-understanding, I'm not doing any marketing in here. The fact is even if each active community member bought 2 or even 3 of this device, it's still way too small to make it break even.

I just want to share the excitement and challenges before anywhere else. As I believe we share the same interest and passion for this product.

But project wise, it isn't a good idea to share a lot of internal plans publicly, unless crowdfunding is needed. This is the reason I want to keep limited publicity at this stage, until I hit a good stage to reveal more details. I want to let community know I haven't abandoned this project but trying to make it as good as I can.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Bad marketing strategy, Chen. Never promise to blow customers' minds, that will only tesult in unrealistic expectations
a device in customer hands might blow my mind. Please no prototypes or other cool images or made up demos. But hey, it’s just me.

Hit me with a release date any random day and I will be really impressed if something is available.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Hi, any news about this project ? Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AxL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AxL View Post
As it happens, there is news today that the Moto Mods program is still alive:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0..._another_year/

I don't have any info about the QWERTY device though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by AxL View Post
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
As it happens, there is news today that the Moto Mods program is still alive:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0..._another_year/

I don't have any info about the QWERTY device though.
It's under R&D process integrating the new features into design. (Such as boarder-less screen but in slider form.)

BTW, it won't be the specs in this thread posted last year, it is actually much higher.

Plan to show some working proto next quarter.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It's under R&D process integrating the new features into design. (Such as boarder-less screen but in slider form.)

BTW, it won't be the specs in this thread posted last year, it is actually much higher.

Spec will be larger than life. No need to hurry.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

That sounds great. Reading the word "prototype" in the same sentence as "next quarter" helps starting to feel the thing is real and will hopefully happen and hit the market before I die of old age (or anything else). I am eagerly looking forward and you are the only person on Earth who could claim being even more impatient to see it. All other maemians come after. Yes, you come after lads, don't even argue. I know it for sure, because reasons.

Anyway. What do you mean exactly by "borderless screen but in slider form"?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
That sounds great. Reading the word "prototype" in the same sentence as "next quarter" helps to start to feel the thing is real and will hopefully happen and hit the market before I die of old age (or anything else). I am eagerly looking forward and you are the only person on Earth who could claim being even more impatient to see it. All other maemians come after. Yes, you come after lads, don't even argue. I know it for sure, because of reasons.

Anyway. What do you mean exactly by "borderless screen but in slider form"?
My guess is like the recently announced Oppo Find X, where the camera slides out behind the screen, the screen itself is of the "bezel-less" variety, except in our case it slides out long ways for the keyboard. Although I wouldn't expect this qwerty phone to have that same screen where the bezels are very slight, he is only human after all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
A full size usb in a modern device, which targets the masses used to sleek design, doesn't seem a smart idea to me...we have to accept some compromises if we want this project to become real

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I don’t think the QWERTY slider is THE factor that exclude it from the masses

It’s the name. Or lack of name. I remember someone calling in it chenPhone. I’m more interested in what name Chen going for. The phone i years away from the masses.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen