In regards to site design you might also want to try reaching out to wazd just to see if he can get involved with it. I remember he had some great tips and ideas on design at Dublin's MeeGo conference and seems a genuine all round nice guy too.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Could you please add your (serious?) ideas to the wiki?
http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...ation_proposal
Thanks!

Another donation:
18th April: 10€ by Annonymous (send me your Nickname to be listed with your Nickname.)

edit:
I've edited the Donations part of the wiki. It includes now the PayPal fee (if used PayPal)
http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...2011#Donations
Have added few on the wiki site

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtparikh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I notice that the submission page has options for Meego x86/Meego ARM only. Should Maemo applications be submitted using the Meego ARM option?

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I notice that the submission page has options for Meego x86/Meego ARM only. Should Maemo applications be submitted using the Meego ARM option?
MeeGo ARM
Choose this platform if you intend to provide your app on at least one of the following platforms: Maemo, any MeeGo build for N900.
competition.meetmeego.org/platforms

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Perhaps we should try to unite what the official MeeGo coding competition Logo is?

Here and at the wiki is the one liked by the most in this thread. Very flashy and a great design. But the ".org" behind maemo is still missing.

I'm able to find this logo at the meego coding competition site, too. But at the most places at the new site is only the logo proposal from mrsellout (post 115) and not the currently "official" logo. It doesn't look very flashy and not like a advertising. It's only a white surface with some elements and logos on it. Perhaps because of the misinterpretation of the design wiki. I don't know. Neverthless it is very unremarkable. If someone opens a page like maemo.org, the first thing they see should be the "MCC11 Announcement Logo". mrsellout's proposal doesn't fit to this plan.
And it doesn't fit into your "site design" - it's a white surface in the corner. The Logo should have some similar colors within the site layout or something totally different and jazzy like at the current logo from noobmonkey.

So, what to do? Change the current logo and add the missing ".org" or create a totally new one?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
IMHO changing the current logo may be easier and quicker than create a new one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Dual post ftw!!!

The submitting site for the MeeGo Coding Competition 2011 is now online!!!

http://competition.meetmeego.org/

As I said: we need a good designer...

Please submit your apps there!
argh my eyes

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
IMHO changing the current logo may be easier and quicker than create a new one.
[x] done

Thanks for the hint!

Me on twitter

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
In regards to site design you might also want to try reaching out to wazd just to see if he can get involved with it. I remember he had some great tips and ideas on design at Dublin's MeeGo conference and seems a genuine all round nice guy too.
Agreed. I can't read that pink text on blue background...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Is this better for the logo? When I did the other one for some strange reason I thought the MeeGo Style Guide stipulated you could only use four colours .
Anyway I think this one adheres to the MeeGo style guide, and the parameters for the use of maemo.org logo, although I'm not 100% sure that the magenta background is acceptable (hence me using white in the first one).

The magenta background is the most vivid colour found in the MeeGo palette, so whilst it isn't really one of the site colours, hopefully you'll find it 'jazzy' enough to compensate.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia