Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I really wonder if their developers are using that thing.
I sometimes wonder that too. But that is for another thread...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Maybe they should use TMO as a webpage for their tests.
It has everything you need to challenge a browser.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
They could start with their own. Reading and especially posting to TJC is a challenge on a Jolla.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I find navigating TJC a challenge even on my desktop. On my Jolla I use the Jolla Together app to navigate TJC.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
We cannot go offtopic as this thread has seen EOL.

So, nice update/upgrade by Jolla. Not.
My older devices do show that page but this Jolla plays disco after an eternity of loading time

I really wonder if their developers are using that thing. Or an N9/50?
True, this disco stuff looks very beta.
On MWC 2015 page:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94679&page=5

-Jolla was frustrating me again by killing its own native web browser for reviving my "smooth user experience TM" (AKA bored masochist's anti-productivity mode), but when I stopped myself from wanting to do other things on the Jolla during background loading of the webpage, it slowly continued to pump up the cache and load the full size pictures at some point I could read the text on the forum and that is more than good enough for me on a mobile.
Firefox Android on Jolla works as well, just quicker.

-Nokia N900 with 800MB SWAP to SD was writing 300% swap (as per swapflop report) before I gave up waiting. Slow but no crash necessarily.
If you want to make your N900 crash over loading this page, I recommend to turn on java script and start loading it with an already fragmented swap partition.

-Nokia 808 with native Symbian browser: loaded pretty quickly, and although it carefully left out the top two heaviest pictures. At least this browser / system combo seems to be aware of its limits and presents me after seconds with a readable and smooth scrolling page without ridiculous disco flashing effects or eternal loading of full resolution images.
If the other systems would know exactly when and where to drop their desktop like ambitions with regard to web browsing, that would be nice and save OOM some job auto[killing the useful processes.

-Galaxy 2 with 2GB RAM (not updated standard OS since 2012, running Firefox mobile) Almost same as desktop: quick loading but stuggling to finish the two heaviest pictures.

-Elop 535 running WP 8.0 or 8.1: the native IE browser actually rendered pretty quickly a usable web page but with some strange long white intermezzo which the user has to scroll over during eternal loading.

Conclusion: the 808 seemed to handle the page best taking into account its limits. The other systems struggle to represent dekstop like experience but fall short of breath soon.

Congrats to user chenliangchen to discover a way of sharing pictures from some server in Salt Lake City, USA that does even make my mighty Macbook 2009 with 8GB RAM struggle to load the page (Firefox, scripts off)
When I closed the Firefox tab with the MWC page, the FF memory footprint got reduced from 1,57 GB to 960MB

and on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94541&page=6,

I found no significant issue apart from slowness and some disco effects on Jolla.

Nokia N900 flopswap reports 30% of fresh 800MB swap written after loading this page. More reasonable than the WMC page with 300% and counting

Greetings!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

Congrats to user chenliangchen to discover a way of sharing pictures from some server in Salt Lake City, USA that does even make my mighty Macbook 2009 with 8GB RAM struggle to load the page (Firefox, scripts off)
When I closed the Firefox tab with the MWC page, the FF memory footprint got reduced from 1,57 GB to 960MB
I was surprised that many reported - I had no problem at all on my BB Passport and various Android devices using Chrome. Didn't aware of that.

Here are some more pics I took which including another few b&w pictures (I found some link to the topic) Perhaps worth testing as well. A lot pictures on that page - I don't take responsibility for any damage...

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
black&white, camera, competition, february, phone