Notices

Hello

When i download some apps they dont work. i click on the app, screen goes black you can see the loading timer on the top right hand side of the screen. This happens for about 5-8 seconds and then it closes and returns to the desktop! This is getting silly now. 2 in 5 app i download do this. How do i fix this? Please help im desperate!

Thanks

Might help to know which apps specifically.

Also; have you rebooted the phone to make sure there are no "rogue" processes in the background and tried again?

Also: Have you enabled Extras-devel and Extras-Testing?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Rebooting might help. Entering the package URL in the browser address line and allowing Application Manager to handle it from there is another way of downloading the applications.

You might have to re-flash the device, which is not very hard, even I figured it out. More details about what packages are giving you issues will help.

If you are going to throw it out the window, please let me know where and when so I can catch it.

calculate tip,fm boost are the ones ive got at the moment that dont work. i had a app called mwtube which did the same thing and now works. hmmm.

ive got a program called wiicontrol which loaded up seems like it works then closes

"Have you enabled Extras-devel and Extras-Testing how do i do that/find out?

Yes i have rebooted

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
fm-boost probably is just script that can be run and it sets something in device settings so its normal that you do not see anything actually starting.

About Devel/extras, have you added new repositories in app manager?

fm-boost is supposed to act that way. You run that after you turn on your FM transmitter to boost the signal; it has no GUI.

calculate tip I'm not sure; definitely should be a command to run in a terminal and see why it's crashing/failing.

Wiicontrol may also be CLI only...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
help me!im about to throw my phone out the window!
Just throw it!
But before you do, please tell me were and when I have to go, and which window should I be standing under.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
where is your window ? ? ? ? . . . I would love to come by and catch it

The Following User Says Thank You to mrebanza For This Useful Post:
Rebooting will often do the trick, sometimes i've had to reboot twice before i could find the app.

Here's where fraaaaanka's modification "reboot menu-button" comes in handy >> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48843

btw dont throw it out yet....you can always use it as your own "micro-laptop" for webbrowsing

All those apps you've listed are suppose to close after that time as they are just scripts. Wiicontrol requires bluetooth to be running first before you open it - Not to mention it barely runs even if it does work. If you get flustered this easily I must say you should really disable extras-testing and extras-dev

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post: