Active Topics

Notices

Hi

I have a rater big dvd collection at home, and wionder if there is a dvd db app so that when I'm out I know witch one I have and don't have when in store..

I use dvdprofiler on the pc, and when I had a win mobile I used:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdpromobile/Info.aspx

Any ideas?

Best regards
Nicholas
Norway

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholas_norway For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
There's not really anything at the moment (well, you could possibly set up phpmyprofiler on the N900). I guess I could knock something basic up to work from the export file - otherwise you could write to Invelos and ask whether they're planning anything (though I doubt you'll get far with that).

EDIT: Oh, you could also use the DVD Profiler website if you've uploaded your collection.

Last edited by Rob1n; 2010-04-28 at 15:46.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I know this doesn't help , but there's a beautiful app that my iPhone rival here @ work showed off called Collectorz Movie Collector that I would absolutely love to have. Not only does it have the database but you can also scan the barcode of the dvd & it will find all the details of the title for you. Sweet.

But according to responses on their forum, while they're planning Android, Blackberry & iPad versions, nothing for us. Sad ;(
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

@grog I know, I used to use that app on my work iphone..

It wokrs and looks great!

-is there no way to port it from android or something? (linux noob so sorry for any stupid questions..)

@Rob1n Yeah, website works, but I would like to have it all on my phone

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by nicholas_norway View Post
@grog I know, I used to use that app on my work iphone..

It wokrs and looks great!

-is there no way to port it from android or something? (linux noob so sorry for any stupid questions..)
As it's closed source, the only people who can port it are the original authors.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I know this doesn't help , but there's a beautiful app that my iPhone rival here @ work showed off called Collectorz Movie Collector that I would absolutely love to have. Not only does it have the database but you can also scan the barcode of the dvd & it will find all the details of the title for you. Sweet.

But according to responses on their forum, while they're planning Android, Blackberry & iPad versions, nothing for us. Sad ;(
Yeah got similar on android too,

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by nicholas_norway View Post
Hi

I have a rater big dvd collection at home, and wionder if there is a dvd db app so that when I'm out I know witch one I have and don't have when in store..

I use dvdprofiler on the pc, and when I had a win mobile I used:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdpromobile/Info.aspx

Any ideas?

Best regards
Nicholas
Norway
I'm in the same situation as you. I have a rather large collection and a lousy memory for remembering exactly what movies are missing or are already in my collection.

I'm currently using 2 options (where none of them are as good a solution as a program would be (like dvdprofiler etc.)

The first one is eXcel (quite handy for quickly looking something up) Problem is I can only edit from home PC.

The second one until today (just realised that DVDprofiler have my collection online) was onfilm.dk (an online collection site. it's in danish bus since you're from Norway that shouldnt be the biggest problem)

hope this helps (till we get an app for our collections)

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
We could as a collaborative effort of the community make something like this. I mean something basic that could import stuff from other places could be this could be written up in python pretty fast, we have sqlite on device and the interwebs (as in imdb for example) to parse details from. What's stopping us.

Any programmers wanna collaborate on this? I know there are a lot of non programmers that do, if I do this, I would like to have someone else programming too, since my time is rather limited due to my job and massive horde of kids.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I agree, a dvd database app would be an immense help!

Would Cinaest help at all?