You are bringing life back to the forum through our phones @bibek
Thank you for you great work.

One small thing for MeeGo forum:
The dark grey color for thread titles would look great if changed to #562A7A

You can help me finish translating MeeCast in Arabic here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttt0600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi bibek
Don't know why it not posted yesterday, i will ask again.
Can you add please option for copy text from message (poster name, some words etc) ? I know about quite and replay.
Also maybe "edit your post" too if you can ?
Thanks for your work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Marmistrz has ported the sign-on system from harmattan to fremantle I think, so that could be of help.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi bibek
Don't know why it not posted yesterday, i will ask again.
Can you add please option for copy text from message (poster name, some words etc) ? I know about quite and replay.
Also maybe "edit your post" too if you can ?
Thanks for your work.
Thanks for your feedback. I plan to include copy option soon. For now, use 'quote and reply', then copy from quoted part.

And no guarantee abt editing posts, but I'm trying already.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Marmistrz has ported the sign-on system from harmattan to fremantle I think, so that could be of help.
We have talked on this matter, and it is not possible due to some tracker issues. I'm not too clear on that subject, but he insisted on the fact that this incompatibility can be solved by dealing with tracker. Maybe he could better brief us on this regard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think you can make built-in login system for N900, not using accounts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i think you can make built-in login system for N900, not using accounts.
I think it would be better to work on the SSO - one time it's done, and available for hundreds of apps.

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
We have talked on this matter, and it is not possible due to some tracker issues. I'm not too clear on that subject, but he insisted on the fact that this incompatibility can be solved by dealing with tracker. Maybe he could better brief us on this regard.
So.... Nokia upgraded tracker in Harmattan and it's very common here. Very many apps use QtSparQl. Tracker out there in Fremantle is veeeeeeeery slow - try indexing over 2000 tracks, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I suggested upgrading tracker in the #maemo-ssu irc channel but nobody that time became interested. And the joerg_rw's (DocScrutinizer05) argumentation was contradictory: we don't want newer tracker, because Harmattan overuses tracker. My argument was that we don't need to do everything Harmattan does. By backporting tracker we'll gain surely better efficiency (if something's overused, it can't have crappy efficiency), Harmattan-backporting and compatibility.

Nemo, inheriting much Harmattan stuff, had the sparql use too. their libaccounts-ui was just cleaned from closed-source stuff. They made the main qmlaccounts-ui which is the same as Harmattan's accounts-ui.

It's the best option out there, afaik, as I know no other fully-open source accounts-ui.

We'd have to convince some devs and that tracker is needed. I can port some build-dep, and I hope some other people will be able to do something too. I think, that if the community says "we want newer tracker", the joerg_rw's ultra-conservatism about Maemo packages (he'd probably accept no replacement of stock package) can be overcome. A little testing will be enough to ask for cssu-devel.

A lot has already been done by porting the whole library parts. There are only GUI parts left, which could be ideally reused from Nemo. Alternatively we can totally drop QtSparQl in libaccounts-ui, but isn't it better to use it as a pretext to upgrade tracker?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I agree but I have to note that something is bogging down my N9 horribly after it accumulates a bit of cruft (messages, notes, music etc) and I suspect it's either tracker or smartsearch. As the beast shows up only after some months of use, it easy to slip testing. Just a thing to keep in mind.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

My friend said ....don't ever try to kill a fly with a shotgun...
It could be dangerous and the fly could fly away...

Here's another update. Quite some changes. Hopefully I'm understanding the mechanism better everyday. And there might be hopes for PM integration.
@coderus, pls check if custom theme support has improved or not.

About, login system, it's not a priority right now. Maybe when I feel like spending some time on it, I will look into creating a separate branch for maemo sign in. But I don't have a device, and neither experience on it. So, keep your hopes low.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 6, tmobile