Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Refalshed into my exact Frimware which is 059M5V1 white 64Gb

and still no go! Accuweather says no GPS found!

I can't help if no gps found but I can probably reaffirm what jalomann said earlier, movement needed. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=24

i just did a test while flying at 36000 feet, offline mode. Put phone by window and lock within a minute. I never had any nokia phone lock that easily in a plane

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and my gps is damn slow, wtf, its never find my position, one hour of waiting and no result

Just to share my experience, I turned A gps off and I am getting locks with no more than 2 mins. Sometimes it takes less than a minute too. One time, I have my headset plugged in and it never locks. Closing maps or drive then removing headset does the job.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Try using vodafone positioning server. supl.vodafone.com I get a lock almost instantly, its actually scary... Because I thought I was being tracked...
(this will mostly work for people who live in the UK.) I USE the vodafone address but am on 3 network and works like no bodies business...

talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80287

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-04-07 at 13:30.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
already use supl.google.com and try every trick and tips but still no luck

Originally Posted by jalomann View Post
I wrote this to an another thread earlier.

I am quite sure that this is programming bug in Maps software.

You can test location switching the N9 to flight mode (=no network connection of any kind). Drive on highway, start Maps on N9 and place your N9 to the windscreen. You'll get the fix everytime.

If you try to get fix when you are stopped, you won't get fix.

That means GPS software needs motion. It hangs when standing at same location. Doesn't matter which options have been selected.
OMG it worked just like you said thanks a lot man, did everything you said few steps out of indoor and "bang" lock sat. in less than a minute worked like charm I was kinda sad cause of Sat lock issue now am very happy!

The Following User Says Thank You to honduran01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
for what its worth, i was having major problems with my GPS too. I tried everything; changing servers, flashing, double flashing, installing troubleshooting apps, you name it. Finally in a fit of exasperation I decided to take the device apart and see if it was hardware related. BOOM! Problem sorted! The issue with my unit was that the copper contact to the GPS unit was not correctly in place. A simple repositioning and the GPS works like a dream now. Took me about 20 minutes altogether to fix something thats been bugging me for ages.

The Following User Says Thank You to philheaton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
for what its worth, i was having major problems with my GPS too. I tried everything; changing servers, flashing, double flashing, installing troubleshooting apps, you name it. Finally in a fit of exasperation I decided to take the device apart and see if it was hardware related. BOOM! Problem sorted! The issue with my unit was that the copper contact to the GPS unit was not correctly in place. A simple repositioning and the GPS works like a dream now. Took me about 20 minutes altogether to fix something thats been bugging me for ages.
Did you have any problem locking previously outdoor? I can lock quite easily outdoor but indoor takes forever. =(

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Couldnt lock anywhere. Gps hardware wasnt able to function.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philheaton For This Useful Post: