Notices

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Repeating reminders, such as for TV-series would be a nice feature to have. In case you run out of ideas

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Repeating reminders, such as for TV-series would be a nice feature to have. In case you run out of ideas
I can put the reminders based on the assumption the programme runs on a set frequency until a set date, which I can ask the user to input.

But if you want me to set the reminders based on the real data, then I can only do it for max 7 days in advance, and also this will require i download the data for that channel for 7 days, i really didnt want to do it just so that we save bandwidth and so that it wont abuse the site that is providing data, imagine if all users have 10 favourite programmes on different channels then every week 10*7 = 70 files get downloaded every week per user. The first method seems doable , and its easy to implement as well.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
I guess thats because all conversations are shown together for any number on the N90. both recieved and sent
have a look at my screeshot maybe that will help.
i had looked in there but it only showed me the reply but not the sent sms. Is there somewhere else i can see the sms that was sent. I will aslo try sending another now and copy it before sending.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Yeah, I think most episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy etc. Air the same time every week, so setting up a weekly alarm would be a solution. If you download the data for today, and the data for day 7, and compare to see if the show indeed air at the same time might be a solution? Of course you have to choose that this TV-show airs the same time every week, so it doesn't always download the day 7 data(when you just want one reminder).

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Yeah, I think most episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy etc. Air the same time every week, so setting up a weekly alarm would be a solution. If you download the data for today, and the data for day 7, and compare to see if the show indeed air at the same time might be a solution? Of course you have to choose that this TV-show airs the same time every week, so it doesn't always download the day 7 data(when you just want one reminder).
well what Im saying is some programmes are every alternate day or sometimes they come at different time , maybe day1 and day7 always have the same time, so really they are speculation and wont be accurate .

I want to avoid getting any data the user hasnt asked for, especially for setting future reminders, but Ill see if we can work around it.
for now Im happy to add an enhancement in a future release a configurable reminder option so you can input the frequency and a last date.

cheers

Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
well what Im saying is some programmes are every alternate day or sometimes they come at different time , maybe day1 and day7 always have the same time, so really they are speculation and wont be accurate .

I want to avoid getting any data the user hasnt asked for, especially for setting future reminders, but Ill see if we can work around it.
for now Im happy to add a configurable reminder option so you can input the frequency and a last date.

cheers
Yeah, that would be great, I could just check manually one week ahead to see if they air the same time.
It feels like this app has lots of potential

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
this program idea is great! just thought of today how nice it would be to have a program guide in my N900. is there a tv-listing for germany yet?
I would rather wait for it to appear in extras-testing, as i dont fell enough comfortable with linux to clean up eventual hazards as long it is in extras-devel.

This is is extras-testing now.
please help to promote this app to EXTRAS by voting HERE if you like it.
thanks

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-07 at 11:50.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
just tried this

Heroes.bbc2_wales.06/02.22:00

Sky Remote Record: We couldn't find your programme. Use the format: Title. Channel. Date DD/MM. Time HH:MM. You must use the full stops. Or just the Title for a wider search.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
just tried this

Heroes.bbc2_wales.06/02.22:00

Sky Remote Record: We couldn't find your programme. Use the format: Title. Channel. Date DD/MM. Time HH:MM. You must use the full stops. Or just the Title for a wider search.
ive mentioned this already that its unreliable this remote record not because of the app but because of the data and the sky remote record system which I think behaves funny that it accepts sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. Its more like best effort processing
since this is not some official app from SKY neither are we using thier api's(which arent available anyways) there could be some mismatch of data.

in your example i think the _ is the issue. the data that is coming from the source may not always match what SKY has.
remove the underscore while sending the msg, it will work for now
Attached Images

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-06 at 23:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post: