Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
For me, Pecan is working but still buggy as hell. It tries to re-add all of my deleted contacts over and over again on every login.
It also doesn't report the online status of anyone.

So, scrap Pecan.
Haze was also a bit buggy, so I didn't go for that, either.
(Haze failed to login after I disable and re-enable my account sometimes, and they also don't display contacts' pictures and status messages reliably.)

But...
Guess what!

MSN Butterfly works quite decently on PR 1.2. I haven't noticed any bugs with it yet.

Butterfly is the thing that installs when you install "MSN Protocol plugin for Conversations and Contacts" from App Manager.
It appears as plain "MSN" in the IM Account settings.

(I installed the latest one from Devel.)

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-05-27 at 19:47.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
For me, Pecan is working but still buggy as hell. It tries to re-add all of my deleted contacts over and over again on every login.

So, scrap Pecan.
Haze was also a bit buggy, so I didn't go for that, either.
(Haze failed to login after I disable and re-enable my account sometimes, and they also don't display contacts' pictures and status messages reliably.)

But...
Guess what!

MSN Butterfly works quite decently on PR 1.2. I haven't noticed any bugs with it yet.

Butterfly is the thing that installs when you install "MSN Protocol plugin for Conversations and Contacts" from App Manager.
It appears as plain "MSN" in the IM Account settings.

(I installed the latest one from Devel.)
nt works for me but thanks for your interest at this crap.for me it looks like most ppl at this community dont give a **** about that prob.i have now every plugin installed have EREASE ALL MY CONTACTS!!!!!!and its still not working.maybe chuck norris knows whats going on???CHUCK WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?PLS HELP ME OR I CANT CHAT WITH MY MSN WHORES.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post

So, scrap Pecan.
That's not helpful.

If you want bugs fixed, then file bug reports, preferably, the a debug log.

Regarding the issue at hand, it looks like the problem is in telepathy-haze (also used by msn-pecan internally), and is related to PR1.2, but perhaps it's only reproducible by flashing, not by updating over the air.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
guy.. you need to edit the contact and you may see two MSN fields!! or the MSN field is not assigned to the MSN pecan plugin!!

last time i removed these duplicated MSN fields and by mistake i deleted them from my MSN service.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Hey all

I am having these very same issues as reported in this thread.

I hope a fix comes out soon.

Unless I use the butterfly plugin, my MSN contacts will not show up in Conversations, only in my Contacts.

I don't mind using Butterfly but I prefer to use pecan as I was told butterfly was very battery hungry and that pecan wasn't.

This only started happening after upgrading to PR1.2.

There is a problem with the application. Contact the developer

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
There is a problem with the application. Contact the developer
I don't have a problem with PR1.2, I was just adding my feedback to the thread.

if you just go through contacts? What then?

So just on the deskop start typing the name where you want ti IM to through MSN and in the contacts tab select msn? Can you then communicate with it?

Yes, that works fine.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
I'm sure there is an issue with MSN pecan and PR 1.2

because when i open my contact when I'm MSN online , if i scroll down very fast until end in my contacts application. it will close immediately and internal error message comes up.!!!

when i disable MSN pecan , everything is back to be OK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone faced the same issue?
same problem here
i flahsed emmc and imported contacts from backup now msn wont sign in at all