Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by deed View Post
Yeah Dotblank! You were right, I was adding songs way too quickly, without paying attention to the download part... It's OK now, no more seg fault exit!
I find this way of doing a bit slow though, but I understand your concern about network performance so it's OK.
Anyway, is the "playlist menu's supposed to display the playlist on the screen? For me it seems to do nothing, I still have the result window with the selected songs marked as "added to playlist" and all the not selected ones along.
That's might be because I'm testing on only one artist's songs. I'll check more with various search results...
Yes the playlist dialog is still not functional yet. I should have a working one in the next update

Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
when i choose a song it says added to playlist. but i cant open my playlist

and when i check the download status its stuck at 4%

i tried restarting but it didnt work
How fast is your network connection?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
You have to install using apt-get right now. I plan to fix this in a newer version.

Edit: The new version has a .desktop entry. If you still have the old version you can start it in xterm by running "groove"
I installed Groove about 7 hours ago, was it an old build? Cause groove isn't showing up. Also I can't play any songs, once I spammed the play button and it started to play some other song. It seems it downloads the song if you look in xterm but it never actually plays it.

EDIT: Also "Show download status" doesn't work.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
How fast is your network connection?
i am working with wifi ith 9mb/sec

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
I installed Groove about 7 hours ago, was it an old build? Cause groove isn't showing up. Also I can't play any songs, once I spammed the play button and it started to play some other song. It seems it downloads the song if you look in xterm but it never actually plays it.

EDIT: Also "Show download status" doesn't work.
Try being a little bit more patient, but yes it does appear you have an old build

i am working with wifi ith 9mb/sec
Sometimes if it downloads super super fast the download progress bar may incorrectly display the download. Can you give me output from xterm and also watch for the "finished" message from xterm

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Sometimes if it downloads super super fast the download progress bar may incorrectly display the download. Can you give me output from xterm and also watch for the "finished" message from xterm

what command do i have to use in xterm? i have the program installed but its when i choose a song to add to the playlist: i cannot see the playlist and the downloading the song keeps getting stuck at 4%

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Try being a little bit more patient, but yes it does appear you have an old build
Yeah I did try pressing play but nothing happened at all... So I pressed again and nothing happened(well, my connection went from 3G to 3.5G). Then I started spamming the button. I'll see if I can update.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Yeah I did try pressing play but nothing happened at all... So I pressed again and nothing happened(well, my connection went from 3G to 3.5G). Then I started spamming the button. I'll see if I can update.
Also I should point out that playback on a cellular is not optimized yet, It could be downloading is just taking too long

what command do i have to use in xterm? i have the program installed but its when i choose a song to add to the playlist: i cannot see the playlist and the downloading the song keeps getting stuck at 4%

You can do this with the command
Code:
groove