Hello all just recieved my N900

wanted to know if there is a way to copying contacts from my phone to my sim card

Thread already been posted.

See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35778

At the moment it's not supported, implementing more features would delay the N900 even further it seems.

For details and progress see bug 6537 - https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6537

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
SIM cards don't have contacts list support though. They only have phone number list support, i.e. a very simple '1 number - 1 short name' mapping. So you won't be able to store a proper contact to a SIM card, that is, a contact where you have listed full, long name, street address, mail address, a couple of different phone numbers.

Because of this I don't try to save contacts to SIM when I change phone, instead I use e.g. bluetooth to send the full list of contacts to, say, my N800, where it will be saved as a .vcard file. Then I import that one on my new phone.

any progress on this point ? plz help. i really need that functionality. can ne1make an app for doing all the sim contacts related stuff ?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Czech Republic
Hi, I had this problem too. But the best way is synchronize contacts via bluetooth, like TA-t3 said.

But still i need that. i dont hav any other smart phone and bcoz many times i cannot carry n900 due to some reasons. that's y i need it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Still no progress on this one.

Nokia 900 stores your Sim Contacts onto Windows Live. Log onto Windows Live Turn your phone off and on and now it should be there.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by oliverw View Post
Nokia 900 stores your Sim Contacts onto Windows Live. Log onto Windows Live Turn your phone off and on and now it should be there.
And you took the time and effort to register here, at TALK.MAEMO.ORG only to reply to a 2010 thread with a completely bogus response that has nothing to do with either Maemo or with the Nokia N900?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
And you took the time and effort to register here, at TALK.MAEMO.ORG only to reply to a 2010 thread with a completely bogus response that has nothing to do with either Maemo or with the Nokia N900?
Must have been haunted by Lumiaman