Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Alright I have karma of 189!

Edit - I can't vote:
Congrats on your karma bump, have you followed the steps mentioned on the previous page?

Just to help people who are having problems and haven't seen the previous replies, your entitlement to vote is linked to your maemo.org account. If you go to the following link (first replacing the XXXX with your maemo.org username) you will see if you are registered, what date you registered is on the top right corner, and how much 'karma' you have. (thanks to Wikiwide for this tip on the previous page ).

http://maemo.org/profile/view/XXXX/

If you have not received a voting email with your token, please check your maemo.org account details using the link above as a first step. Check your karma amount, do you have some and is it below 10? Check the date of registration, are you newly registered? These are the most likely reasons you wouldn't have received a voting email and token.

Part of the confusion seems to be because of the infrastructure setup at maemo.org and talk.maemo.org. Right now we're all on talk.maemo.org which is the forums, however it is almost a seperate entity from the maemo.org site which is all the other stuff non-forum related (things like the competition wiki, or the garage pages, etc). It's like two different things lumped together. This is why we keep asking you all to manually link your talk.maemo.org and maemo.org accounts so your karma from the forums is carried across. What is catching a few people out is that they have been registered on talk.maemo.org for a long time and never realised they had to be registered on maemo.org to take part in other site activities such as the vote until recently. It is confusing, I do sympathise

On the other hand, if you have checked your account and you have been registered for a while now (probably a few months, if you think of when the competition submissions started) and you have some karma on your account but still didnt get a voting email please let me know so i can chase that up. As far as i'm aware everyone who fulfills the above criteria as of two nights ago will have already received their email and vote token.
Edit: Your maemo.org account was only created 2 weeks ago, so it appears you've been filtered out as a new account member - sorry

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Yikes...rash.m2k you are registered since 10/09/2012 so it won't allow you to vote most probably...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I linked my accounts and my karma is shown as 5...is there a way I can raise this soon enough to vote? I do have a package in extras-devel from a year ago, so my account is definitely more than two weeks old.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I think it takes 3 days for karma to be updated...Maybe send a PM to Reggie and ask him if he could help to speed up the process?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi all,

I just want to check, because I already caused trouble in the past (better be safe than sorry)

According to the official competition rules "there will be a feature freeze on entries during the voting stage of the competition." The voting is open until September 27th, 2012, 23:59 UTC.

If I'm not totally wrong that means I can publish a new version of the app at the following Friday / weekend, right? Or will the voting be delayed / prolonged?

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi all,

I just want to check, because I already caused trouble in the past (better be safe than sorry)

According to the official competition rules "there will be a feature freeze on entries during the voting stage of the competition." The voting is open until September 27th, 2012, 23:59 UTC.

If I'm not totally wrong that means I can publish a new version of the app at the following Friday / weekend, right? Or will the voting be delayed / prolonged?
Oh I don't remember any trouble.. Anyway, I can't imagine any reason why the voting would be delayed or prolonged, so once it ends on Friday everyone's welcome to do whatever they like - it will be too late to change the outcome or affect the results.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Hi kojacker!
Karma == 56, but still not able to get a token...
My maemo.org account (chrm) is also very fresh ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chrm View Post
Hi kojacker!
Karma == 56, but still not able to get a token...
My maemo.org account (chrm) is also very fresh ;-)
Hi chrm, yep your karma is great but (as you say) your maemo.org account is very fresh - only 5 days old - so I suspect you are in the same situation as the other new account owners. The reason you wouldnt have received a token is that new accounts are filtered out automatically by the voting system. Unless your maemo.org account is over a few months, then all the karma in the world doesn't help you this time I'm afraid

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
How often does the system refresh karma? I linked my TMO and maemo.org accounts and the change finally went through - I have 202 karma - but I still get:
The e-mail address and username you gave do not match an existing voter, or you have already voted.
I haven't voted, and I should be eligible, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Kojacker, you should put somewhere clear requirements for voting to avoid these questions over and over again.

For example:
To vote you must have account older than 3 weeks and at least 10 karma.
on app list page and voting page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas